Throwpod

No Big Shot demo?

Not on the video no but we did send one out with the recent explore the ancient tree of Africa expedition and they used it in a big shot out there to get the extra high shots and they were climbing 80m+ trees
There is a picture on the arb talk thread and on the sapwood website of it in a big shot

Marcus, your one o the guys climbing the huge trees in Africa? Those vids I have seen are like epic.

I wish I was one of the guys who went to Africa. A good friend and college of mine, Geoff Pugsley went out there on the expedition, needless to say I was hugely jealous, and he did a lot of the filming whilst they were climbing, we gave him a throwpod to test drive and he let the other members of the team have a play and they found that it would fly higher than a bag making it a good combination when used with the big shot

An order for 50 throwpods was placed today to be sent stateside, won't be long now America.:thumbup:

Going to treestuff? Any idea what they'll retail for?

Yeah some will be, once we've restocked as we've sold out already here in the UK, not sure what RRP will be in the USA (not my department) but UK RRP is £40

... looks like that means $60USD ... WHEW! ... that's a LOT for a throw ball but they are cool! :)

A guided missile throw-line weight would show some promise I think, or train a squirrel. Telekinesis even better.

For some odd reason I feel damn lucky to have seen all the developments in this industry since I started climbing in the 60's. Much good has come to pass since and a few different mouse traps to boot.

I like the squirrel idea best! Small antenna and mini Gopro for fluffy. Operator gets an Xbox remote with view finder. I could see many uses!

Welp, thanks to a very generous friend aka Luke of the amazing TreeStuff, has graciously sent me one to test and abuse, I'll report back on here how it performs.

Looks like it's down to $70 now.

Adrian, when you get it can you take a pic of it next to a regular 10oz bag for size comparison?

Back