Throw Line

HaHa, pretzel. . .

I prefer Dynaglide. For my cube, it's the least tangly, and I like the bright colors that I can see in the tree. Wish they made it in yellow, too.

Im liking the 1.4mm jet set dyneema throw line from treestuff for those long shots (formerly know as fling it)

It would be nice if these arbo Companys would sell 300ft rolls, not 180ft or 1000ft :|:

I have to tie two lines together, so I dont come up short on over 100ft + shots :thumbup:

Same here on the 300' length.

I like Zing-It-it is probably the most cooperative of the small diameter lines. Made my own spool years ago from an extension cord reel.-It works but less well than flaked line for me. ....but I have Fling-it on the spool. I still use Slickline and actually prefer it for the low shots.

Hey Tarzan, I've got an AMS big game retriever reel too, but don't know if it would hold enough line. It is a great principle though, as it flakes the line into a plastic bottle with no twist, is pretty much drag free on the shot and reels in fairly easily. It's what we use for gators and saltwater fish and I have never had a tangle. If we could make a bigger container for the line it may be the cat's meow. I believe you and Mr. Gerald Beraneck had a couple of prototypes of the Shot Line reels didn't you? I was going to ask him to add his two cents as he was in this from the beginning. Looking at the pics, I' still not sure if you wind the line in with a handle or hand wrap it around the spool. I was thinking about it today and either way, you're going to get twist in either the shot and/or the wind. Have you experienced that?

I have never had a prototype. A friend gave me the bowfishing reel, and I hooked a gallon washer fluid jug to it...fired one shot with an old throwline flaked in it...bunched up, and I gave up. I am sure a guy could make it work if he put the time into it though :)

Back