This years coyote take,dead critters

• Thread starter sothere
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 12K
I sure was... dead center in the vitals, even. I'm good, but I didn't think I was THAT good.

Took care of this little pain in the azz this morning. He's been digging up my yard all year, leaving big holes for me to fill in. Well... I guess he dug his own grave, 'cuz I filled his last one in with him.

Quartering away head shot, about 35 yards.

Attachments

• DSCN0841.jpg
    DSCN0841.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 59
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKw8j7GLSdw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKw8j7GLSdw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He was facing away at an angle.

who? the critter or the hunter? does it matter? Seems like a silly question I know.
When a dog quarters It usually means the dog is working off to one side and back of the handler.

If north is heading straight at you, and east is heading perpendicular, quartering would be north east. It goes all the way around the compass.

Nope

quartering_away_bull.JPG

Isn't a quarter shot risking a non-immediate kill shot, possibly causing unnecessary suffering to the critter? Just wondering how it works?

In some animals it can be prefered. It can present a smaller target, but in and of itself doesn't make for a bad shot, it's still up to the hunter.

That elk shot is ideal. Vitals are fully exposed making an excellent kill shot easy. Quartering to you makes one of the wost shots that really shouldn't be attempted. Not only are the vitals exposed on the picture Carl posted but the animals attention is directed totally away from you

Jay, Actually, quartering away is an ideal shot angle because no tough skeletol elements are shielding the vital organs. End on is rather bad from either end and quartering "forward" is very bad for a bowman since the vitals are shielded and the eyes are focused in the shooter's direction. Broadside will be forever classic and with a powerful rifle and good bullets most angles are doable but for an archer, quartering away and close is a "Thank you, God" shot.

Don't worry, he didn't suffer for more than a few milliseconds. Thanks for the clarification help, guys. :)

Got me one of the little garden raiders today. "Guilty" I say, as he carried a fresh tomato up the oak. I think it freaked my mom who came to visit. She left soon after.. LOL Nuttin but woods for 2 miles or more on the angle he gave me. Still need to sight it in but I compensated and it's done. Still shooting low and right. About 5 o' clock. Not my best shot.. But pretty good for compensating on a 4 inch window from 30 feet out and 20 feet up with no glasses ;) NO MO TOMATOES FUR JU!:evil: Hope I don't have to pick tomatoes off the branch :lol:

Attachments

• P1010071.JPG
    P1010071.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010072.JPG
    P1010072.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010073.JPG
    P1010073.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010074.JPG
    P1010074.JPG