This years coyote take,dead critters

• Thread starter sothere
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 12K
They aren't immune, as far as I know, they just have a huge layer of protective fat, or should I say, very poor BMIs.:lol: About twenty years ago a neighbor had a coyote get in the pig pen with a sow and here newborn piglets. It got out, minus a leg.:/: That three legged 'yote was around for years.

Well I must admit a hog will eat anything that doesn't eat them . They aren't immune to rattle snakes it's just the venom is ineffective in a layer of fat .

Two 30 pounds pigs tugging on a 4 foot black snake is about like two chicks fighting over an earthworm ,comical .The snake isn't too fond of it though .

On a side note, did you know that hogs are largely immune to rattle snake bites?
Hogs love to eat snakes

Commonly reported but of doubtful validity. When my father was a boy,he,my uncles and grandfather were catching feral hogs and feeding them out for sale. On one ocassion they killed a rattlesnake and decide to test the myth. They threw the dead rattler into the pen by the feed trough at feeding time. ALL of the hogs ran squealling to the far corner of the enclosure and refused to come to feed until the snake was removed.

Anything that eats sheep and goats is good in my book. I would rather have coyotes than range maggots.

Wild piggies? I am a card carrying member of the wild boar preservation association :D

2 birds, one stone ;)

Attachments

• misc nate 024.jpg
    misc nate 024.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
There is a guy at work,very talented tool and die maker .He actually makes his own traps .

He said he does better on coyotes using wire snares .A few years ago he snared a 65 pound male coyote .I had no idea they got that large .I figured about 30 pounds tops .

They can get big. 65 lbs is huge. A number of years ago my uncle shot 1 that was 71 lbs here in PA. had a hard time getting it mounted. Couldnt find a form for the hide to go over to make a mount. Coyote forms were too small and wolf forms were too big!

Another feral that was pronounced dead of lead poisoning this morning.

That's a mild looking feral. Around here they look considerably more dangerous, especially to domesticated cats, and to a few humans.

Some of the idiots around here feed them; sure doesn't help the problem.

There's also a complete lack of the usual squirrels, chipmunks, etc.

No, the .22 Diablo round-nose... 14.3 gr.

30 yards, more or less.

I heard someone say bobcats.....
dead.jpg

Nice shot.

A population of foxes will also dwindle the cat population, as has happened in my area. Fox are bad, very lithe and aggressive hunters. I had one come within a hair or two of nailing my kitty. My pet was absolutely petrified.

We have tons of foxes, too.

Turkeys... I can practically hunt with a baseball bat, they're freaking EVERYWHERE.

Turkeys... I can practically hunt with a baseball bat, they're freaking EVERYWHERE.
Turkeys were reintroduced around here a few years ago .Rather comical birds . They aren't allowed to be hunted as yet .

A couple of hens walk around in a persons yard just like they own the place .I see them about twice a week . Last fall a big Tom was strutting his stuff right in intersection and had traffic blocked . I've seen the Toms put out a full fan tail right in the median strip of I-75 .Like he was romancing a Lincoln or something .:lol: Reminds me of a story involving a monkey and a football .

sothere good job and keep it up, please.
I have had them get brave in my parts and start to come at us instead of away now out back.
So any time I get the chance 1 yote gone. pizz on respect.

We have 3 species of turkeys in WA state. Eastern, Rio's, and Merriam's... I went turkey hunting a couple years back... like shootin' fish in a barrel. Not really "huntin'" at all...

The dudes on tv that try to make it look hard are idiots.

Gary

Back