The Truck Thread

So 'traction beam' is the 4 wheel version? Cool learn something new everyday. I've only known to just pretty much steer clear of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
spock1.jpg

Today I did a job at the local Rinker (now it's called Cemex) cement plant where my neighbor is general manager. They have been closing plants and consolidating inventories all over the state and Troy has way too many trucks right now. I don't have pictures yet but if anybody is seriously interested then let me know and I'll do everything I can to hook you up.

The trucks that interested me the most were the three 2004 dump trucks with 60K GVW. They have been parked for three years and can be had for about $15K. There's also a couple huge Peterbilt flatbeds with 24' beds and all wheel drive, the 1996 could be bought for $7K-8K. I was also looking at an older International 4700 low profile but Troy said it was a death trap.

I was working and didn't have my camera so I really don't know much more than that right now but I can either track down Troy at home or run over to the plant during the week and grab some pictures.

There is a guy with a 1995 chevy one ton for sale for $4000 down the street from me. I really have the urge to get it and build a chipbox and put a dump on it.

Derail, Sort of read this thread . . . alot of chatter about old Ford PUs.
I have a pretty nice set of Wide Magnesium Rims (8bolt) with ~~ 40% tread left floats on em.
Sittin in my Tire pile for maybe a decade now . . . anybody wants them there Free just pay shipping

Back to regular programming

Dave, are the rims lug centric or hub centric? The older style had alternating mushrooms around the lug holes to line the wheel up, the newer ones fit tight on the hub to line up.

Not sure Brian, I am not the brightest motor head. I can take some pics mon or Tues if you/anybody interested.
Gave up trying to pimp them, to nice to toss out, cun't even remember the year truck they were on

Not just bigger.
Harder Better Faster Stronger

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sr2JneittqQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sr2JneittqQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What do you mean by better. Bigger?

Basically. I have a 1 ton Chevy, a 99. While it was a fine truck, it doesn't hold a candle to the F550. I paid $7500 for my F550 last December. Payload wise I could put my fully loaded 3500 (11klbs) on the bed and still be legal.

While trucks older trucks had more metal here and there, trucks of the last decade have them handly beat in nearly every way that matters.

I was trying to stay away from a diesel motor because of the regs here in Cali. I hear you on the heavy dutyness of a truck two sizes bigger. I'll check into a larger truck. I am just dreaming at this stage.

Back