The portable chainsaw and trimmer stand

I forgot to mention about one more reason why I like the Jonsered 630 over its cousin the Husqvarna 162.
The Jonsered had intergrated choke and fast idle in one control. It took Husqvarna many years later to do the same.

Willard.

At this time in History, Husqvarna called the shots of what to do with the saws.
The last saws Jonsereds made by them self as independent company was 410, 510, 910.
After this Elux was in control.
My Jonsereds 910 that I bought in 1979 had the very first choke and fast idle lock on one control, this was a Jonsereds invention. Electrolux bought out Husqvarna , Jonsereds, Partner in 1978-79. After 1979 Jonsereds dropped the "s" and then became Jonsered.
The Jonserd 630 [rebadged Husqvarna 162] was introduced in 1982

Willard.

My Jonsereds 910 that I bought in 1979 had the very first choke and fast idle lock on one control, this was a Jonsereds invention. Electrolux bought out Husqvarna , Jonsereds, Partner in 1978-79. After 1979 Jonsereds dropped the "s" and then became Jonsered.
The Jonserd 630 [rebadged Husqvarna 162] was introduced in 1982

Willard.
On my 910 it has a lock lever in top cover to lock it on fast idle.
I think mine is from '83-84...

First 910 were 95-100cc saws. Was yours that?

Jonsereds is still a company. Elux bought parts of Jonsereds bolagen and named it Jonsered.

They still have manufacturing there, but no saws, sadly...

Partner was bought by Elux, as well as Husqvarna and Jonsered.
Partner already bought Pioneer, Norlett, TML and a couple more...
Husqvarna had swallowed Companion, EIA and a bunch more suppliers.

A couple years after Elux bought Husqvarna it was clear times were changing around the factory.
Today Husqvarna and the thoughts behind it is only a memory.

The promises and intension's have been many over the years, but Elux still call the shots.
And they will until the shareholder majorety changes.

One of the old bears had this function of choke and throttle lock, but I can't bring it to mind right now...
Companion perhaps??? I need to look this up.

On my 910 it has a lock lever in top cover to lock it on fast idle.
I think mine is from '83-84...

First 910 were 95-100cc saws. Was yours that?
I never heard of a 1983-84 Jonsered 910 because they were discontinued in 1982 being replaced by the 920 which I also owned as soon as they were available. I never heard of the seperate fast idle lock either.
I heard of some pre production 910s were as big as 100cc, but they never came to market here in North America . My 1979 Jonsereds 910 was 87cc. My 910 was almost 2 lbs lighter then the 920 and almost 3 lbs lighter then the 94cc 2094 which replaced the 930. The 910 was my favorite in that class, too bad they couldn't improve its weak rear handle mounts rather then add all that extra weight with the huge and clumsy handle setup they put on the 920. For a 87cc saw the 910 was a superior power /weight ratio saw at only 15 lbs.

Jonsered produced a 1020 in 1982 which was a rebadged 100cc Partner P100.

Willard.

I will check when it was purchased, I only have date of sale on it for now.
If I am not mistaken there was 3 runs made, one preseries, two series productions with a year apart.
First was very few, second was many. A friend of mine was working there at the time, I will ask him again what was when.
Mine in collection has serial 2318124. I know of several earlier than mine and later too.
I have seen a few, a couple more here with same setup as mine, a couple more in parts on attic here too...
None of mine have large bore. :cry:

Here is the throttle lock.

Namnlös.jpg

Jonsered produced a 1020 in 1982 which was a rebadged 100cc Partner P100.

Willard.
This was sold as McCulloch PM 1000 and there was a 100 Super as well, not sure what was different in them. They all had several different topends that rotated around it seems...

Here is the throttle lock.

View attachment 32199

Did you have manual oiler on yours?

This was sold as McCulloch PM 1000 and there was a 100 Super as well, not sure what was different in them. They all had several different topends that rotated around it seems...
Magnus thankyou for showing the 910 IPL. I now remember my 910 had that seperate throttle lock.I haven't owned that saw for 30 years now, memory fades. It was my 920 that I was confused with, it had the combined choke/ fast idle control.
No my 910 E did not have the manual oiler but it did have a decomp button which I liked over the non-decomp 920.
I've seen pictures of the Jonsered 1020/ Partner P100 but I have heard of the Mc Culloch PM 1000, never seen pictures though.

Willard.

Back