The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice documentation Sean.
Looks like a heck of a climb Fi. I’ve been doing a lot more end weight and crown reductions as of late. Tedious stuff.

Nice work Sean, FK and Fi!

All I have is a manitoba maple which when stump grinding shot a rock into my leg and took a chunk, soaked my sock in blood. (Repair to chip shield and adding another one is set for next week) and a tall dead back/side leaning ash only 15" or so drop, with the help of maasdam.

Half was climbed and brush used to bed the sealed pavers for other half drop.
20180815_151616.jpg

Dead ash by the pool. Sorry, no barber chair, but I did have to nip the hinge as it went over, not a straight spar and not much room, it just felt right and did land where I needed it. ;)

20180817_113446.jpg

Half was climbed and brush used to bed the sealed pavers for other half drop.
Nice work back to you, Raj. Now of course, everyone's waiting for the client photo... :D
(Of course, just kidding. I know on our part, we try not to show clients nor addresses on our work photos to respect customer privacy/confidentiality.)

Oh ya, I was posting while eating dinner and second dinner and having a Black Butte, down the road.
Biggest I've ever used was a 50T, once (17K log out of someone's bedrooms, lifted from the street).

That biggun was reputed to the the biggest boom in the NW on a mobile crane. That crane company is about 4 miles down the road. I think that crane is $1200 per hour or something, plus counterweight trucks as needed, and oversize load permits, and whatever else, p-to-p.
240T, 322' with jib.

Did the entire limb come out? I woulda set a pulley and stood the whole thing up after I worked that tip out like you did. Of course, that would require a good ground hand...

Were you alone?

Did the entire limb come out? I woulda set a pulley and stood the whole thing up after I worked that tip out like you did. Of course, that would require a good ground hand...

Were you alone?

Good ground hand that had a big bobcat. We set a block and used Bcat to lower the whole shebang.

Trim-Trim-iny around the Chim-Chim-ney

2 roof line clearance trim jobs filled up the morning -- elms, mulberries, ailanthus. Unexciting, but it pays some bills!

Afternoon job was more photogenic. 2 big split mulberries, at least one was lightning struck (had the top blown out of it last year. While waiting for a power line drop from the local electric company, we did roof clearance of the neighbor's ash tree. Climber encountered an opossum that treed itself -- dead end on a stub. Climber tried to push it with a stick, scare it with the saw. It wasn't budging, turned around and started flashing teeth and hissing. So we gave it a bon voyage (less than 8' drop to the roof).
P1350954.JPG P1350956.JPG P1350960.jpg P1350970.JPG P1350975.JPG P1350994.JPG P1350995.JPG

Ate lunch, waiting for the power company. Decided to just go ahead and start on the bi-forkation split mulberry. Climbed and pieced out and began lowering stuff. Guess what the climber encountered in that tree? Another opossum! It skedaddled, but wound up waddling right back into a split in the trunk, where it hid until we began the final work on the tree. Meanwhile, line worker arrived and dropped the line for us. We told him 30 min to hook it back up -- stay for the show! So we hit both trees with a vengeance!

P1360004.JPG P1360010.JPG P1360022.JPG P1360028.JPG
P1360030.JPG P1360042.jpg P1360049.JPG P1360058.JPG
P1360063.JPG

Okay, it was 33 minutes. He hooked back up the lines, I dropped the last spar (4' diameter), and we set about bucking up wood. Oh yes, leave the wood -- whoo hoo! Paid to make a grand old mess, and yet the customers were ecstatic! "Thank you so much, so much better than we ever could've dreamed of or hoped for!"

Can't believe he picked up that possum! People think they just play dead...not. I've had several get ornery with me...hissing, gnashing teeth. They are quite ferocious when they want to be.

I got one out of my utility room once. Picked it up with a shovel. Just as I got it off the ground it occurred to me the possum..which was hissing and pissed off..could just run up the handle and eat my face. Thinking can really get in the way sometimes...:D

Back