The Official Work Pictures Thread

33836531_1726241767411757_3321023881845669888_n.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SUUSzNdTUgA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BAOjPWACYJg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

003A9765-9057-456A-989B-E709DB9D8451.jpg C02152F9-377B-4FFB-A829-38EAB53F03AF.jpg F9A12222-E113-48C4-A42C-FC41511B724A.jpg
I?m not real sure what was happening to this beech, but I removed the dead section to a reasonably safe stub for now. The dark colored leaves kinda had me confused. I?ve only seen this in ornamentals, not a 250 year old tree( not my guess but they paid someone smarter than I for that information). Just did what I was told and gave enough reason to not condemn it for now. Very low risk area if the other half decides to let loose.

Sam...nice work...love to bomb stuff like that.

Wrap those thumbs. The guys here harped at me (and others) periodically...I think it finally took. I am much more aware of it now.

Rich...beautiful tree at one time I'm sure. Pretty fugly now. Maybe they can get some more years out of it.

I'll say descent size!! holy cats!

What saws are those?
3120 with a 60" bar, a 395XP with a 40", and a 562XP with a 28". I usually keep a mid-size like the 562 around when I'm falling to help clean up undercuts, make notches for treejacks, or cleaning up bark for pounding wedges.

I know. . . it's my eternal battle.

I swear, driving that old dump truck all those years ago broke my mind (while almost breaking my hands).

90 degrees in the shade

With a "cool" breeze blowing...
P1310840.jpg
In the full sun, it was hitting 99-100 today.

4 Jobs today, all in the hometown:
1). Remove a cedar growing against the house and a siberian elm in the back yard, growing against the fence. Done by 10 am.
2). Remove a dying ash tree in a back yard near power lines. Climbed, pieced it out, rigged the branches above the power lines. Also reduced a box shrub, then the homeowner added removing a small mulberry, removing 2 bushes, and pruning another mulberry. Will be back to grind the stumps.
3). A fancy event center on the golf course had a dead, crispy ash tree that I dropped-n-chipped. No issues, except for the brittle ash gave off many, many twigs and this was the sort of place where you didn't want to leave a single twig. (The manager had hired us because although we were slightly higher on the estimate over another local company, "Forest Keepers -- that name says care. Care or Price? I'm going with care.") Also, we offered some de-vine intervention on a pine that had vines growing up it. Climbed, de-vined it, and deadwooded it.
4). Back to a repeat customer, this time also with the grapple truck to crane out some silver maple leaders going out over a garage and one whole tree. Like clockwork, climbed, attached the sling to the grapple, cut, lift & remove, swing it over to the chipper.

P1310808.jpg P1310827.jpg P1310829.jpg P1310862.jpg P1310878.jpg P1310886.jpg

Wrap Sam wrap...we'll get you doing it eventually!

Nice work on that beech Rich, nice to see that it's been spared the big chop for now, like they say, no Target, no risk. Leave it to live another day.

So I tried to attach a video clip but it is taking forever to upload...so here are some stills instead.
I was str 'd off an overhanging casuarina to drop inot the tipy tops of these baygrape that needed dead wooding and some formative pruning.
It was fun
Small stuff can be fun

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_130640.jpg
    IMG_20180529_130640.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180528_113129.jpg
    IMG_20180528_113129.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 32
Looking good. How many guys on the crew?
4 usually; we have 2 more that we can draw on for big stuff or if we need to also do traffic control on a busy road (one with a CDL A w/manual endorsement if we need an alternate grapple truck driver).

I definitely woulda positioned myself differently to make that cut.
I knew someone was going to comment on that one :) (I thought it looked a tad awkward also.) He had started to cut lower, but given the crook & lean of the tree, as well as the roofline pitch, we changed the plan in case the tree dropped when it was released; we didn't want any roof damage. He cut about shoulder level. Oh, and the 372 is leaning out, mid-cut sometimes (needs an idle adjustment), so he didn't want it cutting out in mid-cut.

4 More Today

Only 5 degrees "cooler" than yesterday, but still it felt a lot more manageable -- less humidity, more of a breeze blowing, decent shady work today.

1. Pruned a river birch in a smaller town 15 mi south of us. Homeowner was selling the house, needed to remove limbs off the roofline before closing. Pretty fast work, the only true climb of the day. Mostly Silky hand saw work, but a little pole pruner and 200T action. Not even worth pics.
  2. Drop-n-chip a willow that was damaged in a storm last week. At least this time, the pond it was growing beside was not a lagoon!
    P1310909.jpg P1310915.jpg P1310935.jpg P1310944.jpg
  3. Removed 2 pitch pines in a good neighborhood in town. Infested with some kind of beetle, woodpeckers were having a heyday on the main trunks. Stump grinding to follow -- we are stacking up the stumps after these last 2 busy days. It'll keep me busy for at least 2 days, either Thurs/Fri, or Fri/Sun, depending how the day tomorrow looks, if I can break away.
    P1310948.jpg P1310949.jpg
  4. Removed a hawthorn, small bush, and an apple tree on the north side of town. Now I know why they are called "Hawthorn" -- we haven't done one previously. Pretty quick drop-n-chip before heading back to our lot to dump. Free Mulch, yay!

Back