The Official Work Pictures Thread

All of the above! She is older and picky about her yard. Said she is getting to old to pick stuff up every day. She has a few dogwoods and a little pin oak not pictured in the front. We made sure that they stayed and were unharmed .

I think she is going to miss them. She?s already hinting around about it now that they are down.

Made passably safe and pulled over. I love working for this guy, because he's got a sweet tractor and does all cleanup. Go back and grind the stump some quiet evening next week.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

View attachment 86486

Appreciate the Gr?nsfors axe...fine tool.

View attachment 86487

View attachment 86488

View attachment 86489

Appreciate the Gransfors axe, a really fine tool. If that's what I am seeing :). If it isn't...what axe is that?? A beauty either way.

Sure can't beat a HO clean up. :thumbup:
We get maybe a dozen of those per year. We LOVE them. Nothing like being paid to make a big mess and walk away :)

Funny how they don't take us up on the offer to chip up the brush for a couple/few hundred more $$$. They're committed to saving that bit of money and don't mind the hours of work to haul it off, burn it, buck it, etc. One couple has had us come out 2x now, gives us a wad of cash and we give them 1/2 to 2/3 of a day to fell, limb, and 6' section up as many trees as we can -- no moving or stacking anything, leave it where it lies. She ultimately wants 90% of the trees out of her yard. They'll have us back out when he gets back from a tour of duty for at least one more round of fun!

Most HOs here are retired with chainsaws and have fun with the clean up.. ANd save money with sweat equity work. SO it makes sense in our demographic. Usually process their own firewood for the year with what falls down or we take down.

Perfectly describes my demographic.

It's one of the last Wetterlings to be forged Mr. B. Thank you, and I promise I'll take good care of it.

I don't even know how you guys are able to sell a HO clean up. I've had like three in 9 years of business.

"We can do anything for you, from put everything on the ground, to the 'Tree Magician', where everything disappears, and any points in between. Happy to make you a big mess, small mess, or leave it looking great."

We get maybe a dozen of those per year. We LOVE them. Nothing like being paid to make a big mess and walk away :)

Funny how they don't take us up on the offer to chip up the brush for a couple/few hundred more $$$. They're committed to saving that bit of money and don't mind the hours of work to haul it off, burn it, buck it, etc. One couple has had us come out 2x now, gives us a wad of cash and we give them 1/2 to 2/3 of a day to fell, limb, and 6' section up as many trees as we can -- no moving or stacking anything, leave it where it lies. She ultimately wants 90% of the trees out of her yard. They'll have us back out when he gets back from a tour of duty for at least one more round of fun!

I try not to make it hard for them either. We'll drop or move stuff in such a more orderly fashion as to make it an easier clean up and safer. Most have plenty of acreage around their home for staging room.

HO cleanup I’d good as long as they realise that we don’t touch it once it hits the floor.

Lots of customers think that they’ll save money if we cut it up, stack the branches and don’t chip.

It’ll actually cost them more.

I love this video. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l2FV7wKpj88" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha! Yep...here's one I did a few years ago:

Attachments

• a_001.jpg
    a_001.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 31
  • a_004.jpg
    a_004.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 29
  • a_007.jpg
    a_007.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 30
  • a_009.jpg
    a_009.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 29
  • a_027.jpg
    a_027.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 29
  • a_029.jpg
    a_029.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 28
  • a_073.jpg
    a_073.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 29
  • a_077.jpg
    a_077.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 29
  • a_082.jpg
    a_082.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 28
  • a_087.jpg
    a_087.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 30
  • a_105.jpg
    a_105.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 29
  • a_107.jpg
    a_107.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 30
  • a_109.jpg
    a_109.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 29
  • a_123.jpg
    a_123.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 28
  • a_125.jpg
    a_125.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 28
Plant trees in your deck, they'll do fine.
Usually the deck comes much later than the tree. But I don't understand the thinking of building a deck around a tree -- are they not anticipating some kind of tree work needing to be done as the years go by? We do maybe a dozen a year -- our last one was a mature Bradford pear in the middle of the 2nd story deck. Hmmm... what other outcome would they expect other than that type of tree needing to be removed at some point, sooner than later?

Funny, several other tree companies had looked at it and either declined to bid (no bucket access), or complained about how much work it would be and bid it high. We just brought 4 sheets of OSB plywood to cover the deck, pieced it out in smaller than normal sizes, threw the brush to the ground where we had the chipper waiting. Then lowered down the logs. Managed to get the 346 in the space between the deck & trunk and cut the main spar below deck level.

"We can do anything for you, from put everything on the ground, to the 'Tree Magician', where everything disappears, and any points in between. Happy to make you a big mess, small mess, or leave it looking great."
Just to be clear, we don't leave anything potentially hazardous to the homeowner. We will always limb the trees, particularly the ones that "leg" the tree up above ground level when it's horizontal -- we want it on the ground, so there's no liability in it rolling and hurting someone inexperienced. We like to leave it at least laying down on the ground, and even cut the main trunk down to 6' lengths so it can be dealt with more readily. But bucking wood to firewood length and brush stacking is additional, almost to the point of being the same cost as chipping. The more processing time, the more we charge. One recent customer had us take out a small cherry and paid for it to be bucked, split, and stacked for their smoker. I guess in suburbia they aren't so equipped with a chainsaw and ax. The more rural folks def. keep a chainsaw on hand and have burn piles and woods and are more apt to drag away brush and keep firewood.

Back in the coconuts, I like a tree that gives you a refreshment once you're done.

Attachments

• IMG_20180514_140702.jpg
    IMG_20180514_140702.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 39
Back