The Official Work Pictures Thread

On a grab hook like that, or on any hook really, if you are worried about the chain popping out, take some tie wire or similar and mouse the hook. Most hooks have that little back bend, and that's the reason why:) that way you are using rated gear, rather then relying on a padlock, the padlock can be used on a loose portion to keep someone from trying to steal the chain tho.

Great pics and nice work Buddy. Of course I think you are nuts for not using the crane on the whole tree instead on just the must-crane parts.

And speaking of cranes, I was thinking of you Rich a few days ago since your company bangs out big work but never a crane. Its hard to figure. Did you attend the crane class yet?

We are hammered by the noreaster. Had a 5500 lb maple 2 leader-leader on a roof, showed up with the bucket and slowly realized it wasn't going to happen without a crane, came back next day with a 55t and smooth operator, dusted it off with one 4 sling balanced pick then nuked the rest of this big tree easily, with the crane 70' away. Cranes=8)

Thanks guys

Height was an issue with the tops in the locust. The crane without the jib is only 61’ and I wasn’t real excited about throwing another 20’ of leverage on the end.

Great pics! You have all the toys!

Awesome how terex eliminated a cylinder on the knuckle. I have the 2 cylinder version, I'm jealous!

Is your crane a 23t?

Great pics! You have all the toys!

Awesome how terex eliminated a cylinder on the knuckle. I have the 2 cylinder version, I'm jealous!

Is your crane a 23t?

Yea i don’t know how they re-designed it with 1 cylinder but it’s really nice.

Our crane is a national 8100d so yup you are right 23ton!

:thumbup:

Brian, you are right, the leverage hence pressure must be intense.

All the toys indeed. Quick question, which do you find more indispensable, the crane or log truck? I'd like to get one of each, probably never will:whine:

On a grab hook like that, or on any hook really, if you are worried about the chain popping out, take some tie wire or similar and mouse the hook. Most hooks have that little back bend, and that's the reason why:) that way you are using rated gear, rather then relying on a padlock, the padlock can be used on a loose portion to keep someone from trying to steal the chain tho.

The padlock is frozen on the chain, so its along for the ride. Just a joke about security. I use that chain through my powerheads and lock them together. Hard to smash and grab a bunch of stuff chained together. They're Tetris'ed into the canopy through the side tool box, as is.

All the toys indeed. Quick question, which do you find more indispensable, the crane or log truck? I'd like to get one of each, probably never will:whine:

We just got the log truck a couple months ago but it’s really nice having both. I haul for a couple other companies around us so it’s a pretty good money maker. The crane is great too, it’s always nice being able to use it whenever possible. I honestly don’t think i could give up either one haha. It’s nice being able to take wood to the mill or sell off a firewood load. Here is some firewood that got delivered less then .5 miles from our yard.
EAF1B367-291C-4EA1-AB7F-53A1AD192CC2.jpg

Lordy that is a good pic, did you buy it new?

Since you have a log truck, do you want a rear mount crane or do you like the flat bed benefits with the cab mount?

I know what you mean about having both. I get tired of doing trees that with the bucket that don't need a crane but sure would be nice to use it.

How many people in the production side of your company? Thanks.

Lordy that is a good pic, did you buy it new?

Since you have a log truck, do you want a rear mount crane or do you like the flat bed benefits with the cab mount?

I know what you mean about having both. I get tired of doing trees that with the bucket that don't need a crane but sure would be nice to use it.

How many people in the production side of your company? Thanks.

It’s actually a 2007 peterbilt with a cat c16, 18spd, and 625hp. It’s a monster! I would love a rear mount swing cab next but the crane company we rent from has such good rates and awesome operators it’s going to be hard for us to spend that kind of money to upgrade. Our crane in the grand scheme of things was relatively inexpensive, it does have its limitations being a 23t but it’s so nice being able to use a crane whenever you want/need. The flat bed is very nice though if you have a couple logs to put on the bed after a removal. We are a very small company. It’s 3 of us, my dad, my brother, and myself. We have whatever equipment we need and always found that equipment worked out better then employees. The 3 of us work so well together we can really crank out work.

It?s 3 of us, my dad, my brother, and myself. We have whatever equipment we need and always found that equipment worked out better then employees. The 3 of us work so well together we can really crank out work.[/QUOTE]

What a great situation, I?m more envious of that that your iron. (And that is sweet btw)

They wanted as much of a laser prune down the fence I could do in 7 hours...

Not pictured was another 20"euc lead cut back below the fence.

Exhausting....roped it all out over a cheesy garage..and rotten fence.
1a765224ad9889573b845df3b1a4d230.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IMG_20180312_184125801_HDR.jpg

Set the last rig off the job, for tomorrow.
Popped my GRCS cherry.
I might be in love. Having a 100'+ rigging point never hurts!!

I left a stub 1.5' long. Choked a RB at the top, and half hitches to the end if the stub, moving my rope off the trunk. Hung a block a few feet below.

Used Gary's trick for running the offset/ remote-rigging anchored rigging line up the climb line.
Winner winner chicken dinner! IMG_20180312_174003640.jpg IMG_20180309_145243825.jpg IMG_20180309_145243825.jpg

Back