The Official Work Pictures Thread

Butch,
That’s two square thread (Acme thread) tree rods.

Paul,
I’ll likely start to get soft by spending too much time in the bucket. I still like climbing more than flying a bucket. My buddy Mike owns that one. His old one was getting dangerously old and worn out. He looked at a nice 75 footer with the lift but went cheap. It was enough for that little gum.

Straw bales were just to catch a weird bounce. A safety net kinda. They can absorb a lot if necessary though. Once the strings break, they make a mess. We actually cut one open and shook it out on the crash zone first thing this morning. Kept the mud from splashing all over everything till the saw dust built up. Worked like a champ

Jed you are crazy, we hardly try. With all the iron it really isnt physically hard, mentally maybe, lotta shit to keep running

So... Here's how hard I work now Paul. I was joking with the boys that I literally do a sedantary job now. Sat on my ass all the way up (headache ball) and down. Resi-logging show... By the way Paul... that one pic you put up is the biggest tree I've ever seen in my stinkin life. OHHH!!!... Cory... forgot to mention... it's a 35 tonner. BTW get some more pics up woodja??

20180131_122657.jpg

Even Jed gets to use a crane now! Arghhh.

Good stuff Jed. Glad you’re enjoying your new place of employment. You need to put up some hinge pics for us to dissect though.

...If that thing would?ve failed, what would you have proved to anyone?

Well... Just for STARTERS, Rich... It woulda proved that a dumbass can easily get killed. Wait, I guess we already knew that didn't we. Guess what this dumbass gets to do today... go down and get all the wood out of the creak! The neighbor threw a fit.

Hey, I'm Jonny Come Lately, but really great job on that giant Fog sycamore. Crackin pics.

What was an alternative method? Would the salesman have climbed it?

No and no Sean. I was told by several people that FIVE companies walked away on it. The salesman put a mere $2,000 (half a day for us) to just crash it into the creak without any mess on the neighbor's side. Couldn't be done without a big climb. The owner gave me full liberty to walk away. So... to Rich's question... I proved that you can take a nasty risk, get $2000, and then lose $4000 to get the whole mess outa the creek. :lol:

A battery-powered drill with a long-ish bit for testing integrity as you go up, and roots before you decide to go, can be helpful.

So, I didn't get stuck having to muck all that out, after all brothers... pretty shure the boss told that guy to piss right off.

SAY!... Anybody know how to conjure up that pic of Nice Guy Dave who fell the big Fir right between the house and the huricane fence? I was looking to show it to him. (He's doing our Arieal Rescue Training tomorrow.)

Ohhh... Brendon... there's a guy at my new shop who LOVES those things. He calls em "nibblers."

Good tree day for me today...Alex and I took down 3 good sized oaks for his Captain today. I invoked my "Jed" today and got a good (and needed) stump. Original plan was to piece out the oak near the house. Alex figured we could pull it with a redirect towards the road...he was right. One big fell and clean up...much quicker.

Another tree had a compromised base (dirt road took half the root system) and the tree had a lean towards the Caps outbuilding. I pieced out most of it, worked back and forth on the two leads...a fun tree.

The other was an oak that was part of the support system for a cool treehouse. I felled the tree from the treehouse porch about 10 feet up. Leaned over the rail to make my cuts as 4 of them manned a pull rope.

Attachments

• Capt Brandon 3 tree removals  (17)resized.jpg
    Capt Brandon 3 tree removals (17)resized.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Capt Brandon 3 tree removals  (18)resized.jpg
    Capt Brandon 3 tree removals (18)resized.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Capt Brandon 3 tree removals  (9)resized.jpg
    Capt Brandon 3 tree removals (9)resized.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Capt Brandon 3 tree removals  (11)resized.jpg
    Capt Brandon 3 tree removals (11)resized.jpg