The Official Work Pictures Thread

I worked for Doug for a couple of months this time 2 years ago. Went home in December just before it got really cold. Could've done another trip June 2016, but turned it down as I'd already been away from home throughout most of that winter. Which worked out cos I reckon my daughter wouldn't be here now if I had. I'd like to take the family out there when she's older, love to do a road trip right up to the north of Norway/Sweden.

Aah ok.

Where you working there with Ben Creasey?

I have worked over in Norway for a few years. I used to contract to AB Trepleie for about 3 years. Just coming to it from the UK for 3 weeks minimum at a time. Worked well at the time. My missus is a Noggy and I have 2 kids I wanted to get out of London. She got a job, so we moved out full time this summer.

What's your name mate?

The north is great mate. My missus is from Bod? and her family have a place up further north in the mountains. The other side of her family are fishermen from Lofoten. So we have had some great times up there.

Just gotta keep fingers crossed for good weather as it is stunning in the sunshine and in a way even more stunning in bad weather. But for different reasons if you get where I am coming from:)

Names Iain. No, I didn't meet Ben, was working with a lad called Andy and I took over from Harry who was from Brighton. I've forgotten surnames cos I'm terrible at remembering things. Sounds a good life mate, I enjoyed the work out there as well, not too hectic and nice people. You trying to set up your own business out there? Don't blame you, I've been working on the same thing down here in Devon/Cornwall since I knew the baby was coming. Slowly starting to get somewhere with it.

Yes mate. That's the plan.

I have already setup my own Ltd company... Ekspert Trepleie AS. Took a while to get everything sorted with the beurocratic bullshit that this systems has but we are there now.

I have been here since August and until this week I have had problems getting a bank account. They gave me a business bank account but I still can't get a personal until I get my permanent ID number come through this week.

Then I will be able to get the 50k NoK worth of invoices out... and get paid.

Good luck with parenting BTW. It is bloody hard work but with it 100%.

Well good luck with the business, sure it'll go well.

I'm enjoying being a Dad so far, helps that the little one loves sleeping and is mega cute. (Though I might be biased)

Thanks all

August, they're just stills from the camera. I've tried to freeze video frames in the past, but the resolution is comparatively poor.

Jed, just short of 5 at the cut. That's a 4ft bat in the 3120.

Y'all should be proud of me...I didn't say "stupid".
:D

:lol: i WAS, sir. I was.

Rich: Absolutely LOVING your Norway shots. I'm always slightly jealous of you and Stig.

Say gents... if you like Reg's most recent shots, you'd LOVE his latest vid. The guy's too lazy or modest to post it up over here or something. Pop over to his youtube page and check it out. I'll try to shoot it up on here if I can get out of rubbing my wife's feet tonight. Seriously.

Jed, my son...never, ever try to get out of rubbing your sweet lady's feet. That route is fraught with sadness. If she wishes it, do so.

Follow the rubbing to the proper conclusion...happiness all around.

Advice from an old man who still finds great pleasure with my lady.

;)

:lol: i WAS, sir. I was.

Rich: Absolutely LOVING your Norway shots. I'm always slightly jealous of you and Stig.

Say gents... if you like Reg's most recent shots, you'd LOVE his latest vid. The guy's too lazy or modest to post it up over here or something. Pop over to his youtube page and check it out. I'll try to shoot it up on here if I can get out of rubbing my wife's feet tonight. Seriously.

Thanks Jed. I did already

The bar around the wheel is for safety to help prevent somebody or something from falling into the wheel. It is supposed to slide up over the stump as needed but they can be rather cumbersome. Most guys just use a bungee cord to hold them up out of the way.

Jed, my son...never, ever try to get out of rubbing your sweet lady's feet. That route is fraught with sadness. If she wishes it, do so.

Follow the rubbing to the proper conclusion...happiness all around.

:lol: All right... all right... learn from yer betters, guess.

Reg: O.k. cool. That is one rockin vid, man, I'm not freakin kiddn ya.

So here's a moderately pretty fall shot I grabbed after a potty break, Sat...

unnamed-1520.jpg

Here's 2 shots from a Cedar removal that some poor guy is giving us $19,500.00 for. His request?..........

O.k........ He wants plywood..... no... 1) First: He wants a substratum laid down BEFORE the plywood. 2) He wants plywood entirely covering anything that any part of the dismantled tree or any of our equiptment could possibly touch. 3) He wants foam zip-tied to all of his black painted steel handrails, lest any part of the limbs should happen to touch them :O during the course of brush chipping. My oh, my, the stupid things money can buy.

unnamed-1519.jpg unnamed-1518.jpg

Pics of the wood tomorrow, God willing. Ohhh... we also need tarps/plywood under all our trucks and chippers and stuff. His caretaker dude actually FOUND a gear-box oil leak under my truck that I didn't even know I had. Seriously... he lay on the ground on his back under my truck and found this tiny little drip.

Back