The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks Scott. I tossed or bombed everything but one top which I had to catch with a couple little attack-pack slings :D

Jed, your hinges are artwork dude.

Those pictures kind of freaked me out :\: 170' of spindly dead!! That's not even a thing here. Unreal. You rock.

Jed that pig didnt have much meat left on him at the top, skin and bones...stellar work, the force favors you hinge master :thumbup:

Carlito...that is one fine piece of iron. Awesome is a worn out word, but applies here.

We've known each other since you were 17 years old, as I recall it, online and in person. So here's a tough-love message from an old man and admiring friend...you need to lose about 80 pounds, son. Harsh words I know, but I had to buckle down and lose some serious weight several years ago, so I'm all about knowing it isn't easy. You'd feel so much better, as I do now, after. You are too young and way too smart to fall to obesity.

Don't go to an early grave, and that kind of strain on a man's body will (not can, WILL) do it...we all want to see what else you will bring to this industry in years to come!

...We've known each other since you were 17 years old, as I recall it, online and in person. So here's a tough-love message from an old man and admiring friend...you need to lose about 80 pounds, son. Harsh words I know, but I had to buckle down and lose some serious weight several years ago, so I'm all about knowing it isn't easy. You'd feel so much better, as I do now, after. You are too young and way too smart to fall to obesity.

Don't go to an early grave, and that kind of strain on a man's body will (not can, WILL) do it...we all want to see what else you will bring to this industry in years to come!

Yeah, I need to lose weight.

40lbs would be great, 60lbs would be somewhat unbelievable... 80lbs lighter would have me 10lbs lighter than I was at 18 after a semester in Army ROTC doing calisthenics ~9-10 hours a week plus the actual Armying we did during the week and weekends. I'd love to be a healthy 80lbs lighter... I think the last time I weighed 215lbs was as a junior in high school, I'm an inch or two taller now than I was then.

I think this was winter of 2003, but it's possible it was winter of 2002. If it was winter of 2002, I might be under 215lbs in the picture.

I tell you from personal experience, running a crane isn't good for your physical conditioning. I quit climbing to run mine and I have lost so much strength and for the first time in my life have a belly. Its been 30 years since I went to a gym but I think if I wasn't so busy with work I should:lol:

Pullups, pushups, and air squats/lunges between picks have you squared away in no time at all.

Burnham: You're a man. I love you.

Carl: You too, sir. You don't strike me as the type of guy to give up on whatever it is in this life that you would ever want.

Jake took down this Willow out of the bucket today, (probably 50' tall-max) and I fell the wood. What a pig. Our knuckle-boom sucked it right out though. Sorry about the side-ways pic.

unnamed-1264.jpg unnamed-1265.jpg unnamed-1266.jpg

Yeah, I need to lose weight.

40lbs would be great, 60lbs would be somewhat unbelievable... 80lbs lighter would have me 10lbs lighter than I was at 18 after a semester in Army ROTC doing calisthenics ~9-10 hours a week plus the actual Armying we did during the week and weekends. I'd love to be a healthy 80lbs lighter... I think the last time I weighed 215lbs was as a junior in high school, I'm an inch or two taller now than I was then.

I think this was winter of 2003, but it's possible it was winter of 2002. If it was winter of 2002, I might be under 215lbs in the picture.

Ok, then...let's call it 60 pounds you need to loose. I think 80 would be a better target, because at you height, at your age, at your most likely future expenditure of calories in your work and recreational life, you need to think aggressively on this subject...but OK, let's just call it 60 pounds.

Reading between the lines...you are at 295 now, more or less. It would be unhealthy, and unlikely to stick, if you lost those 60 pounds in some serious timeframe less than 12 to 18 months. But the good news it, that's only 5 pounds or under a month. Easy.

Here's what I did, what worked for me and wasn't hard at all, my brother. I didn't change my diet at all (mine was pretty low fat and high protein anyway, might not be the same for you, so you might need to pay attention to this as well)...the only thing I changed was serving sizes. Just cut down on the inputs, Carl. You are an active young man...you burn calories aplenty. Just push the plate away early and often. Skip the snacks.

Hell, I never gave up on my two glasses of scotch at cocktail hour. I never quit going to friends parties and eating some of the special goodies a few times a month. But day in and day out, I put a small serving on my plate, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Avoid like the plague takeout fast food meals. Have a fruit and toast breakfast at home. Pack your own for lunch.

But wherever the meals come from, eat small portions. Be tough, be strong.

It will work, you will feel better, and if my experience is any sort of truth...the lady in your life will jump your bones with even more than the usual enthusiasm as you look better. Now there is a reason to do it, if there is no other I can nudge you towards :D.

I hope you hear this understanding the great respect I have for you, Carl. And the hope I have for your better health and happy future.

What a run of pictures, fabulous all around!

Andrey, where'd you get that two tone helmet? Is it a Vertex Vent?

Sam, you do you like that 'set of fours'? That's the small green rope/pulley set up you've got. They were using them a lot in the vertical rescue training day I went on, mostly for the bucket boy who dangles next to the rescue basket.
How come you've got them in addition to the 3:1 (or is it 4:1) on your pull set up?

Serious work going on out there!

Me, I just have a small row of cedars dropped and stump ground, grindeded. HO keeping the wood, brush I'm taking tomorrow. Hope the f350 holds up.

20170323_120638.jpg

20170327_111032.jpg

And took a break to grind a few stumps.

20170327_112211.jpg

I really hope my luck will turn around so I can get a chipper.

Damn straight.

That, and bacon.

Cue Jim Gaffigan. :lol:

Resi-Firpig Fall today. 151.5' measured off the logtape by a shade over 3' white to white, but easily 42" bark to bark. Went across the lawn, over the sidewalk, over the street and way farther into the neighbor's yard than I expected and by some shade of undeserved grace, saved out all of the neighbor's little bushes and everything. Saved-out the street withoug too much pitting. Saved out the drive-way more er less (It was badly broke-up already from the root-swell) by throwing the bull-rope bag and my zipline kit under the plywood. :|::|::|::|::|::lol:

Uhhhh.... this gonna work, guys??
unnamed-1267.jpg

Oh, thank you, thank you God....

unnamed-1268.jpg unnamed-1269.jpg

Long as Victor's happy, pretty-much everyone's happy...

unnamed-1271.jpg

This guy (Joe Hafich) got some vid of the pig coming-over. We'll see if she turns out er I might have to make Butch post his "How to post vid's" thing for the umpteenth time.

Uhhh, yeah.... I'm an idiot...
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=YnZmMTY1d1k1d3hreVZRMDV1Uk8yQjZicEJqLU5R

Attachments

• unnamed-1270.jpg
    unnamed-1270.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 56
  • unnamed-1272.jpg
    unnamed-1272.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 56
Wow, no doubt that was intense while you were doing it. Don't ya hate how those look a lot taller at the stump when you are about to cut than they look from out in the drop zone where they look more or less like they will fit??;)

Btw did you clear it with the neighbors before hand?:/:

If not, it just goes to show you again that it is basically impossible to do a tree job of any magnitude without bending the rules somewhere along the way.

Last week we had a job where the choice was a) piece out with the bucket this big wolfy cherry that had no good booms on it, everything was going to be roped down over the very wide bushes down below so each piece would need pulling and messing with (speed line wasn't an option cuz of the structure of the tree and the site layout). Or, b) put 2 lines in it, box and backcut it 2/3 of the way down from the top without pulling it over yet, fold up and move the bucket out of the way, set up the pulley redirects on an oak in neighbor's yard which would mean the ropes would be pulling directly over the roadway, and then pull it over with Kubota pulling on dry pavement in the street. Or, c) do all of 'b' but dispense with the pulleys and pull directly from neighbor's snowy lawn with the Kubota. I went with 'c' because it was faster and simpler to set up and execute and I hoped the Kubota would have enough traction to pull over the big top. Knocked on door for permission but no one was home.

The big top pulled over nicely thereby saving a boatload of aerial work, and we raked out to invisibility the tracks on neighbor's lawn.

But geez the corners you gotta cut to get a job done:/:

...Knocked on door for permission but no one was home.

The big top pulled over nicely thereby saving a boatload of aerial work, and we raked out to invisibility the tracks on neighbor's lawn.

But geez the corners you gotta cut to get a job done:/:

At least you knocked, brother, where I just went with the, "Easier to ask fer forgiveness than permission." philosophy. :|::|::|:

... and, truth be told... all said and done, I felt shabbier than you could imagine. I tried to pitch-fork out the top-ding, but (man, I should've taken a pic) it left a visible, muddy imprint in her yard. Weird thing... she came out a while later... she didn't even say anything but I still felt like a turd. (wonder what the man o the house woulda said)

Back