The Official Work Pictures Thread

LOL, I wonder if Mick "spiked" that prune as well..:thumbup:

Sam Rich and Pete some great pics and work...Luv that last pic as well Pete :thumbup:

Pete, that 3rd shot shows great work imo.

Mick, is that commonly done to limes? I've never seen one here.

Hi Jed.
Never fear, keep your hole clean and clear and you're good to go.
The hidden roots are what bounce them.

Sometimes, I was the Goalie below the Mitt with a Peavey hoping to stop an errant round.

!Grandote Huevos, Cabron! Either that, or you're crazier'n a road lizard.

Max: Wow, sir! Petersburg!... No thanks. No WONDER you Russians are ten times tougher than us.

U.K. Rich: Nice hinge.

Scott: BEAUTIFUL hinge.

Sam: Brother, you got us ALL beat with that one. I no longer have a reason to live.

Mick: Lol x 10.

Man, one per centers want some crazy-weird stuff sometimes. We were just stripping Ivy off of some trees on a 45 degree hill till I found one with tons of rot. They said, "Take it down." I said:
"Shure... it can all just stay on the hill, anyway."
"No, we want you to haul it."
"Why?"
"Uhhh... we don't really know."
"Uhhh... K... well... we're gonna have to go 'time and materials' with this bid."
"Oh, yeah, sure, youbetcha... whatever you think would be best."

unnamed-1088.jpg

Here is what a SEA of Ivy looks like...

unnamed-1086.jpg

This pig was only about 35" dbh, but it had been topped at about 20' and had regrown seven tops to about 90'.

unnamed-1089.jpg unnamed-1090.jpg

Here's what the hole through the hedge that poor Joe and Edwin (pictured) had to drag through. We still gotta fall the litte stob and drag a TON more out tomorrow. :cry:

unnamed-1085.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-1087.jpg
    unnamed-1087.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 58
Pete, that 3rd shot shows great work imo.

Mick, is that commonly done to limes? I've never seen one here.

These two were lapsed pollards, maybe 18 or so years since they were done, Limes (I believe you call them Basswoods) love a hammering, they'll be fine.

Thought you guys would like them!

Little before and after, a Thuja that hadn't been touched in decades...cleaned up all the dead wood and debris, light thinning at ground level, done.

Attachments

• DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    526.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC01452.JPG
    DSC01452.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01438.JPG
    DSC01438.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01455.JPG
    DSC01455.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 80
Cleared about two acres of striped maple whips. Nothing much over 4". Two tanks of gas through the 550 and my feet were wet enough to call it for the week. Deadwooding some pines tomorrow. . . Have a good weekend everybody!!

15152518_1189754987727107_952915166_o.jpg

15152514_1189754801060459_1802249679_o.jpg

15153087_1189708574398415_1603520696_o.jpg

Sam carvin runes into the stumps. :rockon: Yeah we do have to strip Ivy a ton. I'm getting to where I don't really mind it.

Sean: Uhhh... I wanna say it gets pretty crispy in like... three months... yeah, probly three months or sumpthin. Yeah, I'll bet a frost would help it out a ton.

Fi: Wow, those things look so very much different down there. I love all the low limbs that arc down (and probably take root again) before sweeping upward again. Nice work.

Today was crazy, man: cut some wood... roll it down hill... cut some wood... roll it down hill. Hand-split and ripped so much wood today... hand load. Chipped some brush, cut and rolled a ton more wood... we're all knocked up. I've got such an amazing crew right now though. Looks like it's gonna be Joe and Jake and me for a while now... I just pray it lasts. :drink:

32" bar barely catchin it.
unnamed-1091.jpg

Cool, Mick, I didn't know Basswood/Lindens were aka Limes.

Jedi, sounds like you got the dream team going on, good for you man!!

We got 30 beetle pines down so far, 5 more to go, one has limbs and top others are spars...

Cutting to 38' 10" for self log loader to haul off to port of Sacramento to be stuffed in a 40' shipping container, off to China...

006.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

Trying not to bust up any cedars or firs, since thats all thats left now, didnt hit one so far...knock on wood :/:
018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

Oh, got the 97' F350 front end rebuilt last week...wheel bearings, seals, upper/lower ball joints, spindle, one long side inner axle new, inner axle u-joint on short side and all new HD tie rods that this shop custom make for the Dana 60 axle. Probably double the size of stock...

Drives like a new truck now :)

005.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Back