The Official Work Pictures Thread

That's a whopper that pine.

wharf.jpg

If you think there could be dramas- always best to strap up. This tree was easy 2 or so light pieces rigged and the rest bombed. Trunk was full of termites and sand, it was great fun :X

Lightening struck pondo...was worried it might crumble on me but it held together quite well....42" bar ;)

034.jpg

045.jpg

And this is what the pine looked like over a year ago!!!! :|::|:
001.jpg

Crazy looking tree Chris. Good job.

Scott: Wow, man. Just wow. Bet that 66 pulled a bit slow on that monster guide bar. Nice falls.

Sean!!! Great to see ya brother. Gettin to the end of yer stormwork are ya?? Man... wish we were... just finished this job two hours ago.

unnamed-1075.jpg unnamed-1076.jpg unnamed-1077.jpg unnamed-1078.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-1079.jpg
    unnamed-1079.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 78
  • unnamed-1080.jpg
    unnamed-1080.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 77
Nice work Jed. Bombs away!
Beemer takes a licking and is still expensive.

Sean! Once you said Dahlia in the other thread I was like, Sweet! Good to see you back.

The Beemer got bonked! Pretty nasty Jed. How did you rig those dudes out, a block in one of those in the 4th pic?

Nah, Ray... ever since Deva supplied me with the beautiful term, "Ye Ol Plywood Catcher's Mit, Eh?" I haven't been able to get the concept out of my head. It's got to be the most beautiful, simple and neglected trick in the business. Three or four sheets of plywood stacked together with some sticks and crap between them are capable of so much energy absorption, it's not even funny. Maybe rough-up the ground with a Pulaski... Man... as long as you can hit the shot with the little firewood chunk... and if you've got modded, saws runnin Square Grind, to boot... it's just sooooo much faster than rigging. Wouldn't try it on hard ground, but you can't even find any of that in Western WA this time of year.

Jim: In general, I'd be with ya every time on the fancy car deal... but this guy was just really cool... I felt pretty bad for him. He was asleep on the couch with his baby girl on his chest when that pig came rockin through the roof. When we got the tree off, he could see daylight through the top of his living-room.

Back