The Official Work Pictures Thread

Lol Jed @ Cory!

The guy does exist (Cory), and does even do tree work-I've even seen it in action lol. I think he likes livin the mysterious life.

I'm with you Jed, I'll throw up pictures of whatever. 8)

GOPR0727.jpg

GOPR0729.jpg

GOPR0731.jpg

GOPR0734.jpg

This continued for like 6 more hours. Guy had a ton of standing dead/partially dead on his property.

Brendon - awesome pics man!
You're right Jed, real go-getters are about as rare as polar bears here. Good to see you got you one. This hinge competition thing is getting out of hand;)
Got a fifteen pine removal job ten minutes from home, sand pines and long leafs. Some pretty big and gnarly ones as far as sand pines go, and of course most are over houses or outbuildings. Got a start on them this afternoon.
IMG_0365.jpg IMG_0371.jpg IMG_2199.jpg

Everyone, some really good work pics all around!!!

Nice score on the 15 pines big Ray, looks like you will have plenty of gas money for fishing!!! :thumbup: :D

That black acacia looks cool. Hope the wood fetches a good price.

Peter, quite a bit of work ....reduction ?

Why the hard reduction Peter?

Took one big limb off the Sycamore (left of the group), reduced the height by about 2 metres and spread about the same. Thinned the limes a little, they get very congested, and lifted the a little too.

Wouldn't call 2 metres off an 18 metre tree a hard reduction personally? I guess with the thin and lift I removed a fair amount of foliage. These are protected trees, so it's the usual balancing act between a bit more than the tree officer would like, and a bit (a lot) less than the customer wants. Having said that, it was the tree officers idea to remove the big limb.

Brendon, incredible action shot!

Griff, beauty tree, did you lighten the one on the left too?

Jed, you know I love those pics man!

Peter, my comment was mostly about the tree on the right in your photo, it looks like it was topped more than reduced, is that common in you area?

It is a linden Tilia cordata or platyphyllos or a hybrid of those.
Hard reduction, is no problem on those.
They compartmentalize wonderfully.
That is why they are used as city trees here, like Sycamore platanus acerifolia
Both can be pollarded and made to fit the space they grow in.

Nice pictures.

Not really work pics but we climbed this tree today. Jesse Coleman (climber from NZ who works in Germany) was over so we met up and had a bit of a swing about in this beauty. Bit hard work as most of us were pretty hungover!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 55
Damn!
For a moment I thought gravity didn't work in Norway, which would have been good news for me, since we plan to make our annual company outing a bike trip to the West land there. ( Vestlandet)

I don't know what the Norwegian way of dealing with Fomes fomentarium is, but here we consider every Beech tree with a fruiting body a hazard tree, since experience has shown that they collapse in 3-4 years after the appearance of the first one.

Nice job Peter.

I like a light touch on a reduction!

This was a few years back, I did another job for the clients this spring, and to my amazement these two oaks were coming back strongly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48
From the photo it looks like the top was cut back but not to any laterals, wouldn't that produce unfavorable sprouting?

I wasn't giving you grief for the decision to treat them like that, Mick. Clients are the boss...nuts, many of them, but still they pay the bill, they own the tree, they get what they want no matter if it's you or the next fellow they call does it.

Thanks B. None taken:)

Funny thing is they came back like maples, strong vigorous regrowth, all over the trunk. Should
Have got a photo I guess.

I suppose the point is (if I have a point!) don't be too quick to talk down to clients about what WILL happen to their trees.

Very often trees hadn't attended lectures that tell them they won't survive certain procedures (and the reverse applies of course)

That tree was in England Stig.

They probably left it there as it is in Natural woodland and if it daily it would more than likely fall down the banking and not towards the foot paths etc.

Sorry.
Thought you were working in Norway presently.
Am I getting you mixed up with someone else??????

Back