The Official Work Pictures Thread

You guys are too kind, but I mean, like way, waaay, WAAAAAAY too kind. For one thing... (oh, and speaking of changes of fate Reg; our other removal foreman, Chris Maragulia just hurt his back in a very bad way... just a weird little twisting motion thing) God's will does shift and shift about with (from our limited perspective) seemingly reckless abandon, and, from that point of view, who in his right mind would ever dare to invenst in a GoPro. For another thing... Ben's jobs are 9,000 times tighter than mine will ever be on their worst day, Reg and August are 9,001 times better tree guys than I'll ever be on my best day, and, 3) Roger, who's nearly seventy years old, rigs bigger than I would ever dream of going. Last, but not least... (for you guys who are out there, pretty much running your own show, it's all very well to take the time to share all of that wood-lust with us poor, thirsty gentlemen, but for people like Grif and I who work mainly with tough-minded, poor people....... ughhhh.... what can I say.... it's just a totally different.) one feels vain, and the boys would never tolerate it without severe jocular harassment.

You know what though... as I peer through these piss-poor, hazy images of yet more "hinge-pics," (thanks Levi) from our boring day of pruning a small Deodar, and then loading the wood from Yesterday's tree.... I gotta say... I'm sure the end result would be much nicer than this...

unnamed-832.jpg unnamed-835.jpg unnamed-836.jpg unnamed-833.jpg unnamed-834.jpg

I dunno... I gotta say... some very, very short little go pro flicks could be a ton better. Benn: thanks for the very kind offer of editing stuff out, but just know that I would never, ever, ever burdon you with that brother. Plus, I got a fourteen-year-old daughter who owes the old man a tutorial or two.

Great stuff Jed. I see your point about the go pro. I'd never live it down at work if I had one.
Nothing worth taking pics of the last few days. This is one I sent my boss after getting to the job and was preparing to set up our zone. I added a WTF to the message.
image.jpg

Jed...if you do think about a "GoPro" this can be an alternative...these cameras are now $50!! Crazy cheap and they come with waterproof cases and lots of accessories. I have two and they have done well so far. I have not tied them to spars yet while dropping the spar like August but treework, cat rescues, water safety work, underwater clips...they have done well.

Here is the thread with examples of the quality they give...there are several videos posted in this thread:

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/s...he-water-and-under-the-water&highlight=afunta

And here is the post that lists the links for buying one:

---------------------------------

Check post #7987 here...we were covering same question about 3 weeks ago:

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthr...nta#post736137

there is some video posted of my GoPro knockoff that seems to do dry and wet work for me...here is an excerpt from that thread:

Rich, I have two of these...GoPro knockoffs. I have been able to get some good video...in trees and underwater...comes with waterproof case and LOTS of accessory clips to attach it to helmets, belts, chest harness...lots of clip apparati. (Apparatuses)

http://www.amazon.com/AFUNTA-Waterpr...=afunta+sj4000

Be sure to get the one by Afunta...there are some copies that I read about that don't interchange batteries, cases, etc. with GoPro..this one is supposed to be able to use GP stuff if you need to.

Current price is $68.90 Camera pictures at bottom...I can't figure out how to specifically place picts/videos in a post.

Good advice Gary.

Jed, just put down the bottle for a week, you'll have plenty of gopro cash! Seriously though, I would also edit some footage for you or anyone else for that matter. I just got a new computer and haven't had the time or energy to take any footage of my own. But, a head cam, it's pretty dang easy to push the button before and after a cut! And, you don't have to be the world's greatest climber/cutter/rigger to make a video, haven't you seen mine:lol:

Ben's jobs are 9,000 times tighter than mine will ever be on their worst day, Reg and August are 9,001 times better tree guys than I'll ever be on my best day, and, 3) Roger, who's nearly seventy years old, rigs bigger than I would ever dream of going. L
You are a pretty humble guy Jed, pretty refreshing this day and time. You're also obviously a heck of a skilled tree man.

a456aa7aa5790116e112a65918346647.jpg
51aa627049be7ea522cc56bf59abc958.jpg
100f572a9e7bb2e355221c9c9433eb5c.jpg
80d89bd70a532497f4b7ba852da27fbe.jpg
1a1383d953f50f245e925aea2c2bb376.jpg
10097fd8a02c5334ad913e84e3d0aee6.jpg

Few from today

No clean up job that one Gary! All the water stuff had to go though. Shoulda seen that rotten, broken top come out, it was ugly

Interesting job Willie

Jed, it seems you worry too much about what others think....in regards to the gopro at work in particular. If they anyway near resemble being friends of yours, they won't begrudge you taking a few videos and pictures. And if they do seem put out at all....you really shouldn't give a f*ck. It's such a minor thing that doesn't affect anyone else. If it's just not for you then fair enough....but you should never not do something because you're worried about what some fucker else thinks. You're half way through your life mate, it's not a rehearsal.

Awesome water shots Willie! 👍👍

Jed,get a gopro man,the guys love being on video and don't offer the same ridicule as they do for the phone selfie. Some of the guys I work for like the camera on the job and think the after product is epic. Go for it brother,like Reg said,this time may pass and to not have some footage is a shame☹. Get it bro!😂😂😂

Little black acacia from yesterday,with a significant crack in major limb
dd000dc381f343b3fff9a6db24fd7f3c.jpg
https://youtu.be/NMK711hZoasI lightened up the lower canopy besides that limb,it was previously hacked up.its the large green limb on the left side of the picture. What would you do?

A rare day I remembered to take before and afters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 58
Once England voted out of the EU, it came back for the British.
See, what saying no to the EU will get you!

On the bright side, Peter, ya done a good job, mate. The before pic just looks like a big, dumb Cauliflower. Well thinned.

Reg: Thanks. Yeah... you're right. I've got to man-up and just take the pain (I do care way too much about what people think of me. Tons of people have told me that).... I'm so in love with images of beautiful stuff... your and Ben's and Augusts trees. I love doing this stuff, man... why not share it, even if it doesn't hold a candle to your and August's stuff.

Brendon: Those were some cool shots, brother. Looks like you're making all that money back, right-quick.

Ben: Thanks, and thanks for putting out the stuff you do. Interesting stuff, and insane tight.

Gary!! Thank you so much sir. That stuff looks like a good jumping-off point for me. I'm right-sick of my flip phone. Thanks for the advice.

Willie: If anybody needs to give us some go pro juice, it's you sir... well done as per usual. Beautiful country. Really beautiful country.

Cory: Get off your dead ass, man. No pics again? What!? Do you just take all that beautiful wood to the dump? Do you just take all that beautiful work and not record it so that no one notices it? Throw up a quick vid now and then. Throw up some pics at the very least, man. Why would I, when you don't do a dang thing?

Levi: Sorry brother... just more of the same. Hinge pics. At least I've got something like an excuse this time. Our most successful foreman, Chris Maragulia hurt his back in a big way, and he can't climb. I was sent out to his job with him to climb instead, but I just got em all from the ground. Why would you climb with long, flat ground like this??

unnamed-838.jpg unnamed-837.jpg unnamed-839.jpg

All of these Poplars were right at 100' feet except for the little one in the second image. But the biggest one was probably only 29" on the stump. No idea what kind of Poplar. Andy said they smelled like Playdough. Here he is with new-guy Todd. Man, it's refreshing to get a new-guy who works his tail off. I thought that breed was all extinct. Then again... he is 35 years old.

unnamed-840.jpg

Back