The Official Work Pictures Thread

c8e5c13d51abec3de405ed62c0ccb6ce.jpg

Dead wooding in a cemetery in the southern part of Norway today. A couple of easy fells then trying to prioritise the Ash trees on the edge of the boundary. Pretty hard when they have severe die back. A proper PITA!

Then we decided to deadwood and inspect a Maple that JD previously been braced. Made for a nice climb compared to the shitty Ash trees.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457637716.435103.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457637731.172974.jpg

Did a few nice pines later in the afternoon but didn't get any pictures of them. Back there tomorrow for more of the same.

Rich

But no clear up... gotta be the best kinda work.

It was actually pretty warm by the afternoon. Down to one layer. Ok, it was a thermal but still a single layer.

Jed, sizwheel one side, floating Dutchman other side eh?

Exactly... Willie guessed it too. Worked a charm really. Wasn't sure it would do anything in Maple.

Ohio Rich: Looks like a pretty fun tree to fall.

English Rich: Beautiful. Scandinavia just seems like God's country to me. Can't exactly explain why. Growing up in Minnesota probably helps.

So here's the one from today... had to do a hard pollard on her just to get her to fit...

unnamed-598.jpg

Here I am taking a break from tedious O.C.D. stump carving. Imagine the boys watching me take this pic thinking, "Oh... What is he doing NOW!!"

unnamed-602.jpg

To which I simply respond, "Why, gentlemen... just 'prettying it up' for the boys in the House, of course."....

unnamed-600.jpg

Here's the boss inspecting the Cobra. August: this is the one I went cap in hand to. Of course, now I'm his little darling because the job came in under the bid. The life of a treeman.... only as good as your last job.

unnamed-601.jpg

You're pretty close Jed. Going to have to come up there and make a YouTube video of you.
No more cameo appearances of your boot.

Do you want stumpshot on a Humboldt, Justin?

August: It never fails... if you came up here, I'd have the hedge-shears or the pole pruner in my hand for a solid week. Even if I had a nice tree, I'd make for a pretty poor subject. But you're more than welcome with us, all the same if you ever want to get up this way to see the sights or something.

Man... Willie's practically your neighbor... What about shooting his next Lake of the Woods pig slam?

not in your scenario there Jed but in the woods stumpshot is required by compo on a Humboldt or otherwise, but is detested by the buckerman.

Jed almost came to work for me once upon a time.... His wifey didn't like the small town if I recall. Too bad

Jed almost came to work for me once upon a time.... His wifey didn't like the small town if I recall. Too bad

I may have blamed her a hair-bit more than she deserved too Willie. Definitely wasn't the (small-town element either, Willie) Closer to the truth to say that I was wussing out in the summertime heat of the place too. I used to look over at Irish Joe, who was just a bit older than me, and he'd just be sooooo very red in the face, and all huffing and puffing. Man, summers can be tough down there. I've definitely got my regrets though. You'd have been the boss from heaven. Clarence was really good to me anyway.

Joe still climbing for Clarence?

Justin: Why does the bucker hate it? Cause he's gotta trimb it off the butt for the mill?

Back