The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah, Rich, it is a spruce. I wasn't thinking of species, I still lump all conifers as pines sometimes, Kleenex syndrome. Colorado Spruce I was told by the HO. I thought it looked like a fir.

Thanks Rich and Ray for the comments, I dropped the trunk right on the top and went out to lunch, no cleanup!

You do what you're doing and get better each time. Seriously, go take the risk assessment qual. You mixed levels 1,2 and inventory with recommendations for level 3s. A level 1 should (I'm assuming) have been sold and bid on a walk by basis to identify which trees needed a closer inspection. Then you know you need a level 2 on 57 (or however many) trees. That is much easier to bid and write about. At least it's hard to lose money unless you're missing other work.

Willie, did you find the TRAQ class more geared towards consulting/sales or towards practical tree work?

If you do reports, it's worth taking, practical day to day, probably not as much value if you've been trained. MAYBE more useful for self taught guys

Thanks Willie, I'll keep that in mind. Not sure how conductive my market is to reports. It may be hard to justify 3 days off for the class in busy season as well as the $625 for it.

image.jpg image.jpg
Muddy mess out here now. One of three leads off of a red oak I had to strip out. Have a shagbark hickory to strip out and a white oak to skinny up and then I'm off of this ROW and on to the next.

I tried to post but it didn't appear. Chilling up a honey locust
6ccf9d51412135d17a8963ecd8ebeba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez Rich, we could spec. that hinge with a micrometer for a textbook man!

Looks like a mess. Keeping the ropes out of it all? haha

Yup snows almost gone. We had 65 degrees Friday and Saturday. It was around 35 today.
Had a good day. That hinge was so nice because I bore cut that one. Worked a champ.
image.jpg image.jpg
Had a property owners " log buyer" come out today. He sat there and told me how I was going to cut this log for him. You can see I listened. Actually it had a good crack running down it I picked out before climbing it. Oh well, you can tell I'm so upset about it.

Tight, res. removals today. The sizwill on the Norway Maple didn't do a thing. Man, that wood is brashy.

unnamed-585.jpg unnamed-584.jpg unnamed-582.jpg unnamed-581.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-579.jpg
    unnamed-579.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 62
  • unnamed-583.jpg
    unnamed-583.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed-580.jpg
    unnamed-580.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 65
  • unnamed-586.jpg
    unnamed-586.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 65
Ben... the first commercial faller I saw do that was from NorCal. Supposed to hold side lean if done on the tension side, but it really only works well on Fir, Oak, and other good-hinging woods.

Cool pics Chris, looks like a perfect shot on that top and some great looking cuts. We're still doing a little tornado cleanup work. I've driven by this big gnarly long leaf hundreds of times and for some crazy reason always thought I'd end up taking it down and what a rigging nightmare it might be. The tornado took care of the rigging part.
View attachment 67921View attachment 67922View attachment 67923View attachment 67924

Cool story big Ray! and taking it down like a Boss!

treehousers getting some work done....nice pics all :thumbup:

Deadwooding 8 pondo's, one oak and a sequoia redwood today for Bixler...nice and sunny here, with cool temps

3un7FMFh.jpg

AKkUkCBh.jpg

vYhSwwXh.jpg

Isn't that strange Joel? They can appear so healthy but crap at the bottom.
Jed has some text book hinges. Best to not do "trick" cuts with Norway maple. Brittle wood.
Bots are you sure that you're not in San Diego? Everyday looks to be beautiful there.

Ben in your pic it looks like a piece of throw line hanging down as well as your prism. What is that for sir? And yes it was a beautiful day

Back