The Official Work Pictures Thread

That dry rotted, dead hemlock stump musta been scary to drop.

Reg, those are outstanding pics! How did you get those shots?

Oh, man, I was afraid someone would see that. That's a beaver-chew face for sure. Uh, yeah... the splint. ...and I was on really uneven ground... and my chain was dull... and I only had round-grind... and, and, and...
:lol:

Reg, those are outstanding pics! How did you get those shots?

:lol:

Timelapse setting on the camera. just put it on the tripod and leave it. Makes for good video too, if you can keep the lens clean. Heres practically the same sort of view from a year ago.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y9lJci2khwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gotta be one of the simplest yet coolest vids I've seen. The great tune didn't hurt, either8)

Wow!! Exceptional, Reg. That IS one of the best tree videos. It captures so much of the motion of madness that occurs with big wood like that. Dynamic!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
A few from today. We finished the tight spots on one ROW clearing so the other crew is finishing it up. We've been whored out to a company that beat us on another bid and soon realized they were in over their head. We've been slamming stuff out just putting it on the ground and making the spars a "safe" height. Joe has been running the boom while I've been climbing.

Ohhh... you're a man, Rich... pretty frigid day for sure. Cool shots.

What? Do you guys just go in and fall the stick afterword?

The bid winning contractor claims that he can do that part. Wish I took some stump pics before the snow started flying. Looked a lot like overcompensating with a big cable and lots of HP.

Great pics Rich, I don't envy your weather my friend, looks brutal.

Thanks Reg for posting that vid, that is about the coolest one I've ever seen. There's just something about negative rigging, tipping a big chunk of wood, watching your rigging get jarred and feeling the jolt as it smashes into the trunk. I can't exactly pinpoint the reasons, but I like it.

Timelapse setting on the camera. just put it on the tripod and leave it. Makes for good video too, if you can keep the lens clean. Heres practically the same sort of view from a year ago.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y9lJci2khwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with some previous posters, Reg. That's one of the very best vids I've ever seen, and really shows what it's like to do heavy negative blocking. Love it, takes me back in a flash, my man!!! Thanks very much.

Wow. Titanic Tree Work fellas!

Here's a couple from over here.

b09fa0806530223139cdbe8c776a2115.jpg

074f3a3be91d80b46fa206e431d50c85.jpg

Love that license, when I don't have to clean up afterwards.
I'll second the "nice photo".

Back