The Official Work Pictures Thread

Partly to make room for the boom and partly to be working. Paying guys to stand around doesn't pencil.

Very nice pics Jake!

Incense cedars here are the worst tree for grabbing bar/chain, ive done it twice, had to let go of the saw, luckly it came out when loaded a bit...scared me....I always use a break away lanyards

If you make your backcut slightly under the notch your saw will never hang up.

I learned that here, from someone...

Yes, on snap cuts I always cut UNDER for second cut..;) wont take saw with it if it happends to go before you toss it off

Really cool shots Jake. :thumbup:

Rich: Weren't we just talking about Cottonweeds... speak of the devil...

unnamed-479.jpg unnamed-481.jpg unnamed-482.jpg unnamed-483.jpg

Look at the nasty incliuded bark in this pig.

Attachments

• unnamed-484.jpg
    unnamed-484.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed-485.jpg
    unnamed-485.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-486.jpg
    unnamed-486.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 53
  • unnamed-487.jpg
    unnamed-487.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed-489.jpg
    unnamed-489.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 52
Got into this ugly today...dead grey pine uproot into live oak...Hi SRT TIP in cottonwood, didnt use a lanyard on trunk for safety, had DRT in like oak when got up there.

Used the RC 3001 to winch it up, 2 bull ropes to left and right to stabilize it from going into expensive fence.....then lower pig down..

W6EBIQ5l.jpg

n6a31mol.jpg

Vz9f2a1l.jpg

cZQZ5vWl.jpg

x01NQWIl.jpg

Great stuff from all of you guys!! I'm jeolous. I did a clearing for two days and ground stumps today. So boring but so tired. Here's the pic that caused me to rent a grinder and want to light ours in fire image.jpg
Damn duetz motors. Second motor and only 2000 hours. Can anyone recommend a Carlton dealer around me besides Sourheast equipment. Apparently offering cash for a new grinder doesn't warrant a call back from the salesman there.

Was that a 752? Crazy pic.

Deutz have a good rep in these parts.

802. I've hated it from day one. I've never been a fan of duetz but I'm biased by my farmer friends. That and I despise grinding stumps. I just don't like an air cooled engine of that size. Hell my lawn mower is water cooled.
Honestly the issue is probably that my boss thinks anyone can grind and let's the knuckle heads abuse it. Every time I have to use it, it's been FUBARed when I pick it up. Basically our stump crew is the stump crew because they ain't smart enough to drag brush. Therefore I've learned to hate stumps

Good pics, Jake and BOTS!

How does one properly move a 15+ pound saw around a tree if not hooked to the climber?

Back