The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yep, I live and work in Beech country.
Don't get too many as massive as that one, though.
Nice one, Pete.
I bet you are happy that you bought my Hobb's. That is the kind of job where it just shines.

The Hobbs in the picture used to be mine.
We had been thinking about letting it go, ever since we got a GRCS and Pete mentioned he'd like to find one that wasn't too expensive.
So it went from Denmark to England after first coming to us from california.
A well travelled device.

The Treehouse is great for making such things happen.

Thanks for that Stig :) The Hobbs is really earning it's keep & I'm not being gentle ;)

funnily, I have only used it for about an hour, as I am usually climbing.

I purchased a used GRCS and was told up front that ii was missing a rubber mounting foot. I received it today and decided that the rubber foot looks a whole lot like a hockey puck, which I just happen to have a surplus of, so I made one. It's not an exact match, but certainly close enough.

0814151418_01.jpg

Joel

image.jpg
Finished the lake front takedowns today. Tested their roping a bit with the one that was real close to the house. Went a bit bigger than I would normally but didn't want to work late. That and I didn't tell them that the house was being torn down to make room for some mansion to be built. Showed them August's X video and said thats how roping is done and they really tried to get it right. It's up to the stump crew now to haul the wood away and grind. I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Wow you really layed waste to that spot!! :thumbup:

The "stump crew", that's what they do full time?

Fell a tree in a trailer park this a.m., did some bids and consults, bucked this log up from last week, not allowed to cut after 1 with fire danger so we left it last week.

6d750878714495c8e0ce50b5668fa3d0.jpg

Pretty much Cory. Most of our residential grinding gets full clean up and restoration. They become groundies or help the landscaping crews when there are no stumps

Willie: Is that Lake of the Woods again? You're up there all the time now eh? How far is that from the house?

Rebuilding the preschool playground...
Goodbye Circle area (edit for clarity... That is a little kid-sized archway at the entrance to the trail, with stepping stones made by previous preschoolers, leading to the Circle).

41233ae7f665977ce9bcba09a75fd300.jpg
caafe18f753300d3d8752f798077560a.jpg

New swingset with 4 swings in two "bays", skidder tire, teeter totter.

1d4cdac2a694ace7c7b002cb849a5a26.jpg

Root Disease management, selective harvest.
91785301366bb3f7b27b337b4fa130f9.jpg

Mini x was on site already, another preschool dad's new investment, for $1000/ month.
a5a08b37f605b25ed220f3ef59893a65.jpg

Quick kid-sized entrance arch to a little trail to the Circle. Log ring around the outside of mulch, with the ring of seats. Kids may decorate it or something, or not. The brush will grow back up, "enclosing" that as a distinct area.

For the archway, I used a 192t to cut a little "tenon"/ tab on one side and groove/ slot on the other. Fitted. Tied together with the pink yarn I could find at that moment. Probably gets a screw, when I get to it, and bound with some old throwline.

More to come over time, a slide built into a hill, and a garden, supposedly. Being basically all parent-run, it just depends.

I've had Water on the Knee, and switched from climbing intensive work in trees that are fighting the throw line for setting a wraptor line, to a removal project perfectly suited to a mini/ BMG.

Shorten it up a bit, and get some practice...
17d9e60425995fede9cc4d9e78717336.jpg
029f258b94d08d9f9b3e299a8847a6d1.jpg

Pop a top from 30'. Took the stairs for the first 25'(extension ladder).

f8204fbcb6722d23c0717d283a07bf2d.jpg
9954e5ba134dc1e28fb1b3c647f047e7.jpg
ad89a95db0df0411bc48f56df4eb1cdf.jpg

50 y.o. Gary is hard worker. He likes the Coolvest! He likes the AT. He really likes having a trained 'ogre'. He got some time on it, grappling brush piles, moving heavy logs with the AT tag axle. He did a lot of building grapple piles and chipping said piles over the last two days.

Client took a couple the other day, the first is a Douglas, strip, top and chog.
The second I thought I'd post even though I didn't pose for it so it doesn't show me in such a flattering light.
I'd just come down from a tree and you can see I'm visibly calculating whats next to get the job done.
I'm rather fond of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 60
Back