The Official Work Pictures Thread

This tree row was badly neglected.........stating the obvious here. There is a great need for professional tree care in my community. I'm encouraged by the feedback I'm receiving from the people in town, but the positive feedback I receive here is far more important to me. My duties are beginning to expand. I'll soon be working with the city to help improve the health and appearance of the city's trees. The biggest obstacle I face has to do with educating the public on tree health and maintenance. My customers are great people, but they've never been offered a service like this. They aren't aware of the many options available to them.

Thanks again for the feedback, folks. I appreciate it much.

Joel

I have to offer up this...where I live, trees are easy to plant and grow. If I had a lousy example in front of me, I could assure a HO that removal and replanting will not only be successful, but will show a substantial tree in place in less than 10 years.

I suspect North Dakota is not so blessed. So it's easy for me to say, "get rid of it". Maybe not so for Joel's situation.

A couple of pictures from today. Working up by the ski jump at Holmenkollen. We have done 4 days there now. 3 with the tractor and winch, we have been taking out some of the taller spruce trees to give a view from the restaurant balcony over the city and fjord. All timber extracted with the John Deere and winch. Think we have done about 40 - 50 trees. Timber stacked with the Avant. Bloody hard work as the snow was at least 2-3 feet deep when the feet sank through...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899111.762558.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899129.986431.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899146.294026.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899165.653936.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899215.497051.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899234.486409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899254.333058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427899273.706523.jpg

Rich

By Remote do you mean electronic? It has a piece of rope connected to the lever so you can operate it... haha.

How much are they in Denmark Stig?

The boss paid 18000NOK for it last week and got the PTO shaft free. so essentially a 10% discount.

image.jpg
Removal I have for tomorrow. Big old red oak that is making the property owner nervous. I took the picture from the house side. That building behind is a wood shop. Drive is to narrow and curvey for a crane to get in. Spent the afternoon selectively removing undergrowth trees to make an easier removal and minimize damage.

It does lean toward where I was taking the pic from. I personally don't think it should come down but once they get something in their head there's no changing their mind. There is a very large, very old tree company that no longer works for them because of trying to talk them out of a removal.
Yes Cory it's a bit outta reach for the bucket. That fresh cut was about five feet from my max reach. It's only 85'-90' tall but has a wide spread. Just can't get close enough. Gonna make for a long day on spurs.

Good for the old tree company. Someone's gotta advocate against unnecessary removals. As far as I'm concerned, that's our job is public education. Not knocking you treebilly, I'm just fed up with higher than thee clients. frig em.

They didn't fire the client. Client fired them. Don't take me the wrong way on this either. It's a shame to cut it down but really it's one of many on the property. Working on this property is just a portion of the business we do for them. Theyre actually really easy to work for. They tell you exactly what they want.

I follow you... We get a lot of that here as well, 50 big trees on a lot, so one or two missing is no biggie. I'm just fed up with needy clients at the moment. Good for you guys stepping up and cleaning house though! Wish I got to rig/remove/climb some big deciduous tree more often up here, so fun.

2a26ad28b6e33515d3506c48fc15ad0e.jpg
114220432aa0aa4deab27a7e41e7d11d.jpg

Alder wrecking.

A lot of stems there, and that makes for tight quarters. You do very well in those conditions, Sean...I see you working in similar situations quite a lot, my friend. Not easy.

I educate them, but at the end if the day, it's their tree, if they want it out, so be it

Nice threading of the needles Sean. Funny how we often feel a tad more confident with narrow close quarter felling if the targets are just trees. Nary give it a second thought. But put a house nearby... LOL

Gray pine removal today.. Put Nichelle on the ropes to see how she would do on this leaner. Let her take some long limbs to get her timing better. Then some smaller tops and wood one one leader. Then the larger top on the next leader. Chunk of wood, then bigger. She did well. Hardly threw me around at all. Still working on her slow and stop timing. But she did real good.
Fodder.....
20150401_103629ed.jpg 20150401_103647ed.jpg 20150401_103453.jpg 20150401_104906ed.jpg 20150401_103422ed.jpg 20150401_114055.jpg

Some moments in vid :D
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QreE12sjAUo?list=UUk58eFKc-ze2LcinTOBaOmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c-30JC922lo?list=UUk58eFKc-ze2LcinTOBaOmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kusYCUINSEU?list=UUk58eFKc-ze2LcinTOBaOmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks. I think there are about (8) 8'+ Millable logs, and then(2) 20' logs. I might go yard then out with the boxer and split with my bandsaw miller neighbor for the cutting. I don't have a plan for it at the moment, but can sell on Craigslist. I can load them at 10' plus trim into my chip truck, towing the loader. Don't know that I can sell them commercially. Evidently, alder stains very well, to look like many types of wood, and is a relatively cheap hardwood, so there's a demand.

Back