The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ok, haters gonna hate!
I went to look at this job, client said "can you take these oaks that are shading my garden down to 4/5 Meters?" Bear in mind they're 15 to 18 meters high.
Me "well it's not really ideal, why don't I just fell them?
Client "oh no! I love trees"
Bearing in mind these are the sort of people who have pictures of red indians riding horses into the mist printed on mirrors in their house.
They weren't interested in the lifting/thinning/reduction stuff.

I told them straight they'd probably die. She obviously didn't think so and after a bit I said to myself "bollocks to it!"

Enjoy!

great time to use this...;)

FuMzIYc.jpg

Two days on the 200 acres to get them dead bark beatle pondos down, bucked and moved......did 7 the first day just me and one other guy with backhoe, I did all the felling and cutting:|::|:....2 more pondos 2nd day and a few live oaks and pruned a blue oak....beautiful place to work ;)

DoN9YEy.jpg

PqnviXl.jpg

OySg7gR.jpg

esLUOm1.jpg

goC6RSQ.jpg

Geez Scott, how do you resist just wandering off into that countryside??

Here's an Aussie Paul Cantlay, dismantling a eucalyptus Reglans. Looks a fair size!

From FB.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
What a waste to have that pic on FB instead of here, imo.

Of couse it is here now, kudos to you for posting it. But you know what I mean.

Paul's set up in a big tree part of VIC, along with ACE trees. The Dandenong ranges have some awesomely massive eucs, but very few in the city where I work. Those who work in the ranges are very skilled and knowledgable in what they do, but they don't get much rest from big trees.
I myself enjoy to change it up every now and again. Really enjoy the biguns when they come in, but couldn't do it everyday. Paul seems like a top bloke and I'd like to meet him someday.

Back