The Official Work Pictures Thread

We did 9 of those bad boys this week.
You can see they've been spreading the wood chips in the roadway.
Some of those graves are 1800's and they had a service this week while we were there.
As to the log we set several logs around as protection. Actually bridged over several graves, main impact in the road way, secondary near the butt

Good work. Id hate to break somebodies grave stone. We craned out 4 poplars in a cemetery once. Right beside where we were was a cordoned off childrens section. Lots of little graves of kids and babies. Hard not to feel deeply saddened walking through there. Dam.

Nice job, Willie.
I see the fat boss of the outfit even did some climbing:P

The headstones we use here are easily removable.
I once bid a removal and they felt the price was too high.
So I told them, remove all the markers, and I'll meet your price..
To my surprice, they agreed.
But then they wanted me to do another tree for free, so I told them to forget it.

They eventually decided that rather than pay me what I wanted, they'd do it themselves and as a result smashed a huge 13. century ( 15'x33') stained glass window by poking a branch through it.

I still laugh inside everytime I pass that church.

Insurance companies up here would have a bird if they saw a drop that close. But then again they want tobogganing banned!

Great job! Good thing all limbs were cut nice and flush, wouldn't want to dig up some bones!

got to use the new RCW 3001...thanks to Bixler for dropping it off......W is for winch ;)

Used it to tension this big live oak so we could get it off chain link fence without damage, got off a lot of weight from branches touching ground then re-tensioned it....RCW worked great, no damage.

wish I got more pics but was to into it feet first

hope these get out on the market soon, I want one! :thumbup:

C0LLZba.jpg

0bMVWaC.jpg

Ok, haters gonna hate!
I went to look at this job, client said "can you take these oaks that are shading my garden down to 4/5 Meters?" Bear in mind they're 15 to 18 meters high.
Me "well it's not really ideal, why don't I just fell them?
Client "oh no! I love trees"
Bearing in mind these are the sort of people who have pictures of red indians riding horses into the mist printed on mirrors in their house.
They weren't interested in the lifting/thinning/reduction stuff.

I told them straight they'd probably die. She obviously didn't think so and after a bit I said to myself "bollocks to it!"

Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 56
Is That considered a class I or II reduction?? :lol:

Are most of your clients french speaking ?? Just seems weird to me that you are able to get work there, 25 years ago I lived in France for a bit and don't think they were to accepting of foreignors. Maybe the just didn't accept me!

This client was English, I would say it's about 60/40 in favour of French Atm, with quite a few Dutch as well.
I don't find any issue, my french is ok so that helps.
This sort of work is not unusual especially for the French, you get used to it. Clients happy, I got paid, I told them the chances are it would die. So I'm not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.

Proper thinning, reductions and pruning is something I'm not good at. Very, very few customers would ever spend any money on that in my area anyway. I would like to get practice at it, but it's just not something people want. Removals and hazardous limb removals are about all I can get, try to make those look as good as possible, sometimes it just comes down to what will it take to get the customer to part with some money. Same here, always let the customer know the future problems with their decision, especially in writing and signed if possible.

That pruning/thinning sort of work was a lot of what I did in the UK, often with a council official standing there watching you. I've got no problem with it but it won't sell over here. No how, no way.
If I'd posted those pics on some forums and said I'd convinced the customer to leave a monolith of standing deadwood for various bugs and fungi I'd have a queue of people to pat me on the back for forward thinking.
A lot can change depending on how you word the spec.
"Giving it a right hammering then it's got two chances" or "significant retrenchment pruning with yearly inspections to assess future actions dependent on its reaction.

MY GOD!
You wore spurs on a trim job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O:O:O

"Monolith of standing deadwood", that is simply great, I may have to borrow that expression for future use.

Back