The Official Work Pictures Thread

I hear ya on not having to push. Im wired to push though so it is a hard transition mentally. Im sure its the right direction for the long term, I wake up each morning to my elbows and wrists aching....

Lower back for me of late. I get up from sitting hunched over until I walk a bit. Fine in the AM getting out of bed. Just after a day of it, I can be a tad sore.

If they can rig an AC on the back of a pick-up truck cab window, I bet You could make your crane have A/C of at least a similar caliber.

Or a cool vest.

Yeah, a 'bother' not like Winnie of Pooh. "OH, Bother."

Depends on your layout and trees, a lot.

Nice to keep crane dollars in your pocket. Last job I wanted a crane on was three cottonwood, which would have been great to lift out quickly, without risking swatting power lines of buildings. That would have been a very expensive crane bill, I think, as he would have gotten stuck in the mud.

Unlike a bucket truck, the crane is not often in the desired dropzone.

and a big apple tree and trimmed around the service drop on a cedar.

The big part of the work was this spruce reduction into a hedge made out of three trees that had been topped a few times then let go a long way. This was the second round of printing on the hedge. Deadwood and it to get more light in filtration for inter canopy growth , to thicken screening from the neighbor and i5 down in the valley along the Deschutes River.
290ea6571e526d5defa7177a3efd5435.jpg
8247e899fc3f75b2fdb23d6c63c99092.jpg
691501ca9891b163a7c9025008ade5f0.jpg

Great pics all,
First day on a two day job, (largish) ash on a steep slope, nice rigging point made for an easy job, tomorrow we'll zip line the two oaks behind down to the lower garden.
Tea too milky but decent biscuits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 60
We were able to access it from the top garden, if I remember the guys were using the ladder to get to the saw for a refill.
They were lower for processing the brash.

I love this thread.
From mount olympic ( I think?) to southern France in an instant.

Mick, can you give me a little more specific idea of where you work, than just South West France?

Thanks.
For some reason I had you figured to be more northern, like Amiens.
That explains the size of your Atlas ceders.

I only trust myself to remove a tree:)

You should broaden your horizons. A good crane op knows as much about removing a tree as a good tree guy, they just don't work as hard as the tree guy.

Dying port orford cedar removal today. New ground lady worked out decently enough. She seem to catch on to the program pretty well and work hard dragging brush and chipping.

My neighbor lennie with the bandsaw mill brought his dump trailer over. Fit everything in his 12 foot trailer except the one big butt which went into my trailer. Cut them into rounds and might take them to the preschool for munchkins to climb on.

575624bf15425cbe208e86be471744da.jpg
429541b191e8f834c9a4191339db4ffd.jpg
0fe79be86114ab358a1a55e2ea051ae5.jpg
8961c1b8ff15c22532a6edcdb49f7ecf.jpg

I melted to the chair last night after work. I didn't dump chips or load the loader and hook up the trailer last night so we had to knock that out this morning. Got to the job site about 945. Finished up in the dark, final raking, throwing small amount of firewood into trailer. Working roadside like that, in the rain, and dark (430 in dead odd winter Is dark) is part of why I strongly go hi viz. Drivers.

Used the boxer to hang several good sized sections. Port Orford cedar is multi trunk typically. A large one I've been on and lost in town had three main trunks and split into about 15 tops. It's time for me to get some 5/8th stable braid, having a machine. Normally, half inch is all I need.

End of job
c8b7e979ca11bc60b676c79992f07617.jpg
just kidding.

I didn't have time or more importantly space so I left my loader. I'll grab it tomorrow and pick up a few sticks and flush out the stump.

A very high visibility job.

Olympus, not Olympic, my bad............................................................embarrasing:cry:

Back