The Official Work Pictures Thread

Taking some very big lower limbs from a cedar, this one was over a statue and a stone balustrad.

Started with the 540 then 562 then the stihl 66, landscaper clear up, hurrah!

Misty poor light etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 94
Amazing that they get so big.
You are not so much further south from me.
Here we may have 2 that size, in botanical gardens.

Grow like weeds here, the French love to plant them in small gardens. I like working on them, nice snappy branches that drop flat, easy for the chipper, I've a very large pile of large trunk wood in my field though, have to sort that out.....

We were lucky to catch the first cold snap of the year, job down in Buffalo, WY. -10 to -20 degrees all week. Even brought our crane down. Which costs the same to travel 12 hours round trip as to pay the oil patch crane prices. Very cool jobsite and customer. Just tough weather. Our hands kept freezing up, saws cut terrible, chipper lacked a lot of power at the feed wheel.

We had to clean up a hacker's mistake. He dropped a tree on the corral. He was lucky he didn't get killed. I could post a picture of how we think did it, but it would degrade this thread.

We then had to remove two hazard trees that should have been cut down 5-10 years ago. We climbed off the crane and bombed limbs for one, and picked another down in 3 pieces.

Then some deadwooding in the grove. Cottonwoods that are 120-130 years old and all 90-110ft tall.

one tree to remove

IMG_2434.jpg

Next tree to remove, about 95' tall, over the corral and very hollow

IMG_2464.jpg

lonniels cutting. Too bad my phone wasn't taking good pictures.Again, VERY COLD.

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Now cutting the hollow tree, middle pick, 5,000 pounds.

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

lonniels dropping in on one for a little pruning. Very brittle trees with weak tie in points.

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 77
Bigtwig, like the pics... Oh man that looks cold!...I would have stayed home lol im to used to nor cal weather

Got just a few pics of Brian craning out another pondo...didnt get any of the 5 oaks taken out as well....long day but got it done!

Thanks guys! Bandit rates it at 19" I think. It might do a little more if you get western with the crush lever.

I'm amazed how you guys keep going in that weather, those sort of temperatures come here once a decade for a week so no one leaves the house.

Too cold for me, too.

Nice pics, all. What size crane, BIGTWIG?

Back