The Official Work Pictures Thread

This grove is losing a lot of it's more mature trees. All second growth. Beetles are having their way with it. Whole 40 acres and beyond really.
But the interesting thing about this grove was the lightening strike tree that was in the centre of it. First the grove lost a few smaller trees.. Just crowded, lack of water. Then now the larger. Pond they are on has dropped significantly. The first big tree to go was the main lightening strike. It had compartmentalised pretty well over the years, but it was an open door for pests.
The trees right in the vicinity, surrounding the main strike all had signs of secondary. tops missing, small cracks. All surrounding the main strike.
Now it is moving out ward. The trees are all used to an abundance of water from the pond and run off above them. Drought has changed all that.
The trees that seem to go first from all this are from wounds...Then the lack of water where water was abundant. Still water there, just not as much.
I see a lot of dead beside creeks and ponds that would normally have water in them more of the year than they have had...
Just interesting stuff to me.

Here's a clearing job I started Saturday and finished Monday. 2.25 hours from start to the first picture Saturday. The third picture is 5 hours after the second on Monday.
IMG_2081.jpeg
IMG_0098.JPG.jpeg
IMG_0102.JPG.jpeg

Here's the first video from that job:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Eq487flTHaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are some before/after pictures from today's mowing job. Mowed almost 2 acres today, although these pictures are from some of the thickest areas. Going back tomorrow to finish this job... the rest of the pine thicket comes out as well as some other areas, the customer has elected to add another ~5 hours to his budget. The original estimate was ~10 hours for 1.5 acres. We will end up mowing around 2.25-2.5 acres in ~15 hours. All of the pictures are in the area he added. :thumbup:
IMG_0112-2.JPG
IMG_0119-4.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0127-4.JPG
    IMG_0127-4.JPG
    570.5 KB · Views: 124
  • FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0130-4.JPG
    IMG_0130-4.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 116
Burning? Machined piled burns are illegal here.......for good reason, air quality

Burning on the first job, mulching on the rest.

I don't understand how a pile made by a machine is worse than a hand made pile, unless its a size thing. Must be a local rule also as there many clearing jobs in NC that are piled and burned.

The city forestry manager of Cando, North Dakota.....Ross Myers......asked me to make a spot ready for the Arbor Day celebration he has planned for the Spring of 2015. Here's a few pictures that I took during site preparation.

Arbor Day 2015 Cando Fairgrounds Site Inspection 027.jpg Arbor Day 2015 Cando Fairgrounds. Plowing 002.jpg Arbor Day 2015 Cando Fairgrounds. Plowing 009.jpg Arbor Day 2015 Cando Fairgrounds. Tilling 007.jpg Arbor Day 2015 Cando Fairgrounds. Tilling 045.jpg

We not only cut them down, we also plant them. It's quite a racket I have going on here. LOL

Joel

Here's a clearing job I started Saturday and finished Monday. 2.25 hours from start to the first picture Saturday. The third picture is 5 hours after the second on Monday.
View attachment 58171
View attachment 58170
View attachment 58172

Here's the first video from that job:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Eq487flTHaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are some before/after pictures from today's mowing job. Mowed almost 2 acres today, although these pictures are from some of the thickest areas. Going back tomorrow to finish this job... the rest of the pine thicket comes out as well as some other areas, the customer has elected to add another ~5 hours to his budget. The original estimate was ~10 hours for 1.5 acres. We will end up mowing around 2.25-2.5 acres in ~15 hours. All of the pictures are in the area he added. :thumbup:
View attachment 58173
View attachment 58174
Tell us about the shank on the mini-ex ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a single point ripper... what do you want to know? I have some footage to put together a video from if you'd like?

I can't believe you'd burn all that good stuff.
I have a clearing job next week. The wood and slash will all be chipped and the chips will mostly pay for the job.

Stig it makes no sense but thats how it is over here. All the wood I accumulate during the year gets burnt in a big bonfire when it snows........ Crazy.

Had a nice crane day yesterday. 6 white pines all right next to a brand new house on the mainline in Newtown Square. I actually got to meet Chris's uncle yesterday, what a great guy. Lots of chips came out of this job, little over 60 yards.

Pretty good wind storm yesterday brought down this 70' ash, blocking a shared driveway for two houses. Neighbors helped clear. Had it fallen any other direction, it would have hit one of four houses. Last one standing of four planted in the 80's. Yikes, I was just in this tree two months ago pruning out deadwood, and had a bit more to finish. Won't have to worry about that now.

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

Just a few of my pics off of my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 158
The red oak pic doesn't show the tear out from a twenty inch diameter limb a week before. It was a lot of small rigging to get it down to a log and then threaded a needle dropping the spar. The pic of the pines was for the bean pole crowd. My groundman has a ton of good pics just never seems to send them to me.

Back