The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cool. He's a hard core tree man. He had great stories about taking down redwoods in crummy neighborhoods, or for crummy custys. Funny stories.

Few from today first was get one off the old house
u6aze7ys.jpg

And this hole riddled oak to finish in the am before the heat sets in bad.
apyreny2.jpg

qejaru5u.jpg
ygevurub.jpg
avajapyd.jpg

Nothing special sorry;)

Removed a sand pine and a laurel oak leaning over a church yesterday. Some of the ladies turned out to "help" but I told them no one was allowed in the work area without a hardhat. Here's what they came up with. The biggest wild grapevine I've ever seen was growing up out of the ground like a tree and of course had the tops wrapped up like a spider web of amsteel blue. It's been like a steam room here the last few days. Fighting with those vines, I was out of gas by the time we finished. I'll try to get some pics of that vine, it was as big as my leg. You can see part of it behind me in the second pic.
20140821_155828.jpg 20140821_160918.jpg 20140821_192113.jpg

A doozy to bid Doug-fir, buckled at the regrown, single leader jog to the right. Leaning into a cedar. Broken at 50', 120-140' tall. 46" diameter. Open truck access up to 5' from the tree.

Thought is to tie into neighboring tree to inspect, possibly work of some large limbs that are not supporting the fir against the cedar. Hope it comes light, but if it doesn't stand back up, then came off pieces if it appears stable, hanging off the crane or the Doug-fir. Might have to dangle and chunk down until the top wants and to fall. A spoon beating stream valley prevents dumping the fir or fir/ cedar combo. The latter would be dangerous. Bail out from felling would be better than bail out up top.

Thoughts? Strategies? Prices?

eff2823e134f74db5e1571ea7f6108b9.jpg

6d01a889db27953af26ac6491f3d1872.jpg

I keep getting funny pictures added in from somewhere from Tapatalk.

You can see through the buckle. Looks like a brown rot in there. A shell. I don't have a lot of faith that it will stand back up.

I will climb a neighboring tree once my Wraptor arrives, and I get permission from the HOA (approve my pruning bid and get them Additionally Insured).

I'm guessing $700-1000 for a crane (45 minutes travel each way) couple hours at $200 hour.

Maybe $3800 plus tax, full disposal from the site. They have a dump spot for limbs. Many of the lower, larger limbs are 30+' long. The new top is intact, to the tip. I'll probably grapple truck the brush, then load the logs.

If I get to a point of dumping the top above the break, or picking pieces off the tree, my alternate tie-in is the cedar that its pushing against. I don't really care for that, if it doesn't stand up, and I can clear any branches that would hit the cedar on the way down. If I dump the top into the woods, I figure the crane can lift it up to the service road/ parking lot.

A crane, but if you can get up high enough in red cedar, work the top down Sean on DF, take small chunks to so if theres movement, slow is safe

Looked at a oak doing much the same except the break is closer to the ground and still quite vertical.
A few from the rest of the oak. Decided a broken branch in a Pecan was acceptable over rigging the top out. Thankful for that!
ry3uru2y.jpg

vyme9yra.jpg

Where I'm at was a spot I didn't wish much to be above. Short of going up to place my pull rope.
upajebun.jpg

jery2apy.jpg

era6upu3.jpg

Not much left holding the old girl up, but a rind maybe three inches thick in spots.

unu7e6ym.jpg

Back