The Official Work Pictures Thread

OK so heres what I use

http://www.westechrigging.com/chain-slings-single-leg-mgs-grabiq.html

Buy 2 and get free shipping and you will never need another sling. They are so quick to use and you can adjust it by the link. Groundie never has to touch the ball just unsnap the hook.

Only downside is they can hurt if you get hit by them

I would NEVER go back to slings

I can see it for trunk pics but for rigging horizontal limbs it seems epic. Why not spider legs?

I prefer chains. The way they grip vertical sections is reassuring & if you are organised they are easy enough to rig, plus with the length they are easy to work through the canopy whilst keeping the crane ball at a distance

I've never had a sling not do what I wanted it to do. Plus, a sling can hit you upside the head w/o causing any problems.

My uncle had a tulip poplar log slide out of a sling a few summers ago while bark was slipping. Log slid right the heck out of its own bark during slip bark and glanced down his back by a whisker. Big pick too. Planted itself deep in a flower bed. Always stored that in my brain about slings, and slipping bark in the summer.

All slings here. Though I do make a few small notches for purchase.
Here was my today after a 7am-9pm day yesterday.
amyqadud.jpg
u7a7ybed.jpg
e8ata8uz.jpg
hetapaza.jpg
3edu4yhy.jpg
hatu6y3a.jpg
uhepe6az.jpg
7ypunugy.jpg
u6evy5yq.jpg
u3a6esys.jpg
nynubunu.jpg
y4ysa4ad.jpg

No, the log slid out of its own bark. Tulip poplars can be brutal like that in mid summer. I would have said scoring the log with a saw (think groove on or two sides) would have been the best bet. But no one saw it coming. Crane pick like normal, log on ground. All in the same breath.

Wow that's a couple more giants Joel. Here's a rotten baby Laurel Oak that had some very interesting and beautiful grain. No telling what Jay could do with that. Hit a piece of steel on my last cut and destroyed a chain DSC06123.jpg ATTACH=CONFIG]56589[/ATTACH[/ATTACH]CONFIG]56590

Attachments

• DSC06119.jpg
    DSC06119.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC06120.jpg
    DSC06120.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC06130.jpg
    DSC06130.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 91
My old welders tree got struck by lightning two days ago. New baby in the house it was cracked and leaning so we got it done for him today. Bottom sections whee black scorched. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 60
Back