The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks.

The tree was in terrible shape, the trunk was sound, thank God, because we flipped it with that back hanging lead that had the new hive.
The limbs were super rotten, Shamrock pieced the whole thing out, miracles were flying around as wild as the bees. I was a stress ball on fire the entire time.
I gotta say, Shamrock impressed me, he tucked that monster between several mature oaks and a plum aimed at an antique 100 year old house that we armoured with plywood.

All I gotta say is it was tough, hot and a wicked challenge.

Learned alot.

Well. I put it in his hands. He said the bee folks rented a lift tried to somehow lure bees out, that failed and they didn't leave. So then they dusted the nest to death but evidently that didn't work either. Dead dusty oak over the road.

Hi Gary.

Shamrock is an old friend I started my career with, he subs for me nowadays. The tables have turned....:)

We got started on this big water oak this morning. Two service drops under it, one directly under it. Lots of it over the house. A bit of it over the primaries. None of it easy.

Last one is at quitting time. About 5-1/2 to 6 hours of climbing.

It was a handful for just the two of us. I'd like to have had an extra groundie to help Ben out on the ground. I came down every couple of hours to help clean up, load the trailer, etc.

yup I roll with just one groundy too but sometimes feel guilty as he is just overwhelmed lowering and guiding it ....

I know you get out of 1/2" rope quickly on your trees, but for when you can use it, the BMS belay spool is sweet for a 2 man show. Polydyne/ dynasorb for shock absorption with less rope in the system. He catches, and passes to you. You lower and he lands.

Back