The Official Work Pictures Thread

3y6agaze.jpg
betunu7y.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bid 1700. Other bid s 1800-2600. Would have liked to watch the other guys do it. It took some tricks. 5-6 chill work pace hours, with a sick and low speed ground man. Put on ground only. About 10 trees. Climbed one madrona sorta for show, and to make sure not to hit a green house with it, another madrona, and a cherry. Dozer op and property caretaker/ security man skidded and pushed stuff out of the way.

Erik bid it expecting to need a lift ($300 rental). I took the risk, brought out the tricks and pocketed the $300.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah!

and oh, yeah, the Senas worked great on this last trunk, the one most leaning toward the barn which only had been growing on the underside of the trunk only for a long time (top side was long dead), but that was in the past, when that trunk was growing at all. Kind of a horseshoe. Crispy dead, so a right-angle retainer line set from the ground, NO Way I wanted to lean the extension ladder against it to set the rigging. I put the ladder up against a doug-fir so the rigging line was running almost horizontal from the maple to a block to a re-direct to the POW on the truck. This effectively made a "U" shape out of the rigging line.

I had a pull line set up in the dead maple via throwline at the same time as the rigging line. I was careful not to shake and break it when pulling both ropes up. My pull line ran to my last re-direct's anchor strap, through a biner, and back to me.

I tensioned the right-angle line with Erik on the 'right-pedal power' through the Senas, cut up to about 4", and pulled from behind the stump. As soon as it set in motion, I was telling Erik, "PULL, PULL, PULL" as the maple hinge of course broke, and cleared the roof, but scared it. I couldn't have done this with 2 people and hand-held anything. I"ve used speakerphone in my pocket before.

Scared the greenhouse, too. The property owner like how I dropped it just in the space. I told him that scaring things without hurting anything is part of making money at trees.

Like The Gambler said, "You gotta know when to hold them, know when to rope them, know when to walk away from the stump, know when to run. You never make any money, unless your scaring obstacles. There'll be time to recount the tale, when the cuttin's done."

a couple before & after of the Beech removal today.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 67
A couple of the Maple I dropped. Had to roll it past tree to the left.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 66
Nice shots :thumbup:

Only got to start this blue oak today... Trying to swing, drift and zip line most of this up the hill from the house. My morning sucked so we got a late start on it. Should have it all down tomorrow. HO clean up. All we have to do is move the brush and wood out into a pasture for him to work on :)

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 71
He wants me to lay what is left of the trunk on top of that bank... So I will guy it when I fell it.. Then chock it.. Hope he does not lose a round :lol: Probably take out a wall on the garage.. :lol:

We are still clearing arond the Zip line in the castle park.
Today we had to take a large double beech out, which was too close to the pumping station that pumps water for the castle, for us to just lower it out.
So, keeping with the spirit of the whole thing, we Zip-lined it out.
You can see the steel wire from the castle zip line next to the tree. Sure would have been easier if we could have taken the tree out, before they set that up.
5 people and a constantly running chipper and communication was a breeze all day, thanks to the Sena helmets.
I just love those:)

P1000629.JPG P1000644.JPG P1000630.JPG P1000637.JPG P1000657.JPG P1000663.JPG P1000675.JPG

Will any of the logs be salvaged from that tree, or do you have an overabundance of beech? We have American beech here, but it gets some sort of scale, and doesn't seem to be too valuable for lumber.

Nope, that is worthless for lumber, it all goes for firewood.
Beech is the #1 tree here in the woods, so plenty of fine grade logs around.

Big BOTS working them pines today ;) got 3 deadwooded then removed 2 cypress with one TIP...new TIP for 4th pine. stihl ms 150 was awesome today!! so light

Then fell 3 oaks in back and climbed 2 trees to trim...just killed it today :lol:

Back