The Official Work Pictures Thread

This was the last tree of today, about 3pm when we started setting the rigging. A good sized cedar of about 110 ft, leaning back towards the house. Used the truck in L4 to pull it through a redirect at the bottom of the field, backed up with wedges. Was pleasantly surprised not to find any nails with my saw. The sun messed the pics up at the end there. TL000025.jpg TL000079.jpg TL000259.jpg TL000288.jpg TL000399.jpg TL000403.jpg TL000404.jpg DSC03205.JPG

Some of my worst nightmares involve my truck being dragged backwards progressively faster and being flung through the air after losing a tug of war with a big leaner.

Which is why I like to tie off the front bumper securely to a tree before using my winch on back to pull big Leaners my way. If they're big enough I'll put the pulley in the tree and use mechanical advantaged two part line to make dang sure my nightmares never come true!

Jomo

Large oak, lots of telephone/power lines, rigged lots then the fell, pissed down most of the day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 73
Love it! I could watch folks do this work for hours and not get bored.

Gnarly assed oak labecasse!

Max, I dig getting to view the pics of your cityscape. Thanks a bunch.

And for the cedar removal, cutting it is a real treat. Soft -and draws in the saw chain like a knife to butter! I never get enough of those to do.

Back