The Official Work Pictures Thread

Really good job Paul on a sketchy tree.

My expansive vocabulary is one reason why I hesitate to get a helmet cam. Guess I would just need a loud soundtrack :)

Pushin tall logs off with straight through angled cuts can come back n kill yu.

Other than that and shaking that dead tree unnecessarily?

I liked it.

Work safe mate.

Jomo

Don't really know why nobody likes Grandma, I don't really dislike her but she does irritate the heck outa me! She just talks constantly about nothing, you just cannot listen or you would shoot yourself. Even my wife has a hard time being around her and its her mother! On the other hand the kids love my mother to death but maybe thats because they don't see her as much.

Seems like women often have issues with their mothers, for some reason. Once I shared a shop out behind a guys house, and next door a lady had a straw dummy set up in her back yard, apparently the dummy symbolized her mom. Sometimes she's be out there wildly beating the hell out of it with a stick, and you should have heard the vocal tirade that came with it. My buddy and i had to crack up. Some kind of therapy, I guess. It was fairly regular. After awhile she would cool down and go back into the house. If that dummy was mom in real life, the neighbor would have easily been brought up on murder charges.

Excellent vid, enjoyed it. Brought to mind Jerry's old vid where he rapped into the super dead tree and took it apart from top down like this one.

Superb ad for your Sena system.

What were the magnets you mentioned?

Ive been meaning to put together some sort of rope retrieval system like yoyomans over at the buzz but just throw my steel snap which I use to weight a line and then have like an 8mm line with a magnet on it to retrieve it. Ive been talking about it for about 6 months, kinda an inside joke that I say at least once a day "man I need my magnet system right now".

Im so lazy

Nice Paul! Doesn't Yoyo man over on TB have some rare earth magnet system he's pushing? I think I read he's trying to get in with Treestuff.

Another quick clip from the same day. Less fun but man once again Wraptor to the rescue....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M_NGjXvt-c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is no real thinking behind it, just how I was taught to do it, less clutter IMO.

MB Wraptors are VERY durable and there is no way you can damage or compromise one on a rope so this is very safe. They only pull 400lbs and MBS is 8060lbs .

Terrible video of a really compromised dead pine, stump had cracks through it and had started listing.

BEWARE OF POTTY MOUTH:lol: and terrible saw technique.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YXsz4S3ab2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Need to figure out a way so the camera can hear the com units so it doesn't sound like Im talking to myself

So thats your Ropetek intercom Paul ? Got it.

Well it must be superb clarity for you to chat right the way through the sawing like that. Do you save any conversation for lunch time ?

I think top-down, as opposed to bottom-up, is often a more stable way to wreck a dead tree like that, where practical. Good work.

A lot of us here run the comm units. There's a thread in the gear forum on them.

Once you've worked with them there's no going back.

Some guys don't take much of a lunch, either. One hour. :dude: The shortest that I have ever heard of in this land is 45 min. Civilized breaks around ten and three.

Back