The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah they probably have a way better attitude than a lot of the male ops I've worked with over the years.

Women also have a lot more to prove in a field like that. I'd say 99% of the time when you see a female op they'll be damn good at it as they'll have had to prove themselves a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Women also have a lot more to prove in a field like that. I'd say 99% of the time when you see a female op they'll be damn good at it as they'll have had to prove themselves a lot more.

I believe you're right.

But I'm basing this from what was— and from what I've noticed today, is that attitude of a women not performing as well, in a male dominated profession -isn't happening. So though the stigma may still exist ideologically, socially it's unacceptable -and therefore outwardly suppressed. And of all the men I know, from my generation at least -is they're welcoming to anyone who takes pride in what they do- and if it's a women, it's taken as a refreshing change.

Some good stuff on the Bix!

Andrey, nice job on those cat faces man. :thumbup:

Been working over a road the last couple days clearing the eroding banks and above. On going project we visit about twice a month. Old mining homestead. So... as some recall... some fodder and continuing saga of the dope on a rope on the slope work.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 71
Just had to get the smaller brush out of the way so we could roll the stuff up top on down to the road to get handled to the fire. Just have to watch for falling rocks :/:

They don't care for the noise.
There is a certain hawk that hangs around us all day every day we are there. Has us pinned for chasing his dinner out of the brush :lol:

Stephen, have you thought about how those "cat faces" come out once Andrew runs them through a translation program.
Bet you have made for one mightily confused Russian right now:lol:

Pity they weren't big enough to be called goose pens, that would have been just as fine.

They don't care for the noise.
There is a certain hawk that hangs around us all day every day we are there. Has us pinned for chasing his dinner out of the brush :lol:

As long as it isn't a vulture.
That would get me worried after a while.

Back in 1977 I crossed the Sinai desert on foot with an American buddy.
For a couple of days we had two vultures following us.
Not reassuring in a place where your survival depends on the next water hole not being dry.
We kept wondering if those birds knew something we didn't.

Only vulture I have had circle me was when I was in that dead cedar a while back :lol:
You would love that hawk Stig. I should try and get a picture of it sometime. It has hung out within 10 feet or me watching for a wood rat or mouse we might stir up. Has a nest on the property somewhere. He hangs around the HO as well wen he burns or starts up the tractor ;)

Never thought about cat faces being "lost in translation" Hmmmm :/:

I think you were the one that spotted the photo bomb ....

Attachments

• P1010536.jpg
    P1010536.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 101
nice pics guys.

easing back into work here. wrecked this biggish elm, a small maple, and an add on for the neighbor, sweet!

Attachments

• DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00802.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00804.JPG
    DSC00804.JPG
    420.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00807.JPG
    DSC00807.JPG
    432.7 KB · Views: 86
Bucket for the win! I'm loving this ALC I've been running for tree care inc. Little short sometimes but the lift itself is great, smooth and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya they are legit. It is what it is in regards to the short. Anything smaller I just don't understand. Luckily two saddles ride along but not to often needed.

Was that elm standing dead? I hate seeing them come down. I really like the form of the big old elms. A couple around here still, there's a group called Elm Watch, I think, that goes around injecting and inspecting them all the time. One of them is supposed to be disease resistant, and they are trying to use that to breed better elms somehow.

Ya it died last year they said. All the bark was coming off already. They are wanting to get the two lower sticks milled. Not ideal but they can get a wack of lumber from it for their flower boxes,

Bucket for the win! I'm loving this ALC I've been running for tree care inc. Little short sometimes but the lift itself is great, smooth and simple.

Aren't they the bomb, RD? And the control levers rock big time, So simple and dependable, and ergonomic too.

Back in 1977 I crossed the Sinai desert on foot with an American buddy.

Wow, how long a trek was that? Sounds pretty interesting, care to tell the story?

Every time I see someone wearing the Protos helmet, it makes me want one even more. Stylish.

Sure hope they vent well, it gets reeeeaaaaaaaal hot here......

Terrible video of a really compromised dead pine, stump had cracks through it and had started listing.

BEWARE OF POTTY MOUTH:lol: and terrible saw technique.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YXsz4S3ab2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Need to figure out a way so the camera can hear the com units so it doesn't sound like Im talking to myself

Back