The Official Work Pictures Thread

Crappy wet weather here. Couple hours job this morning. The work was falling 2 cedars and a fir was priced over the phone and described by the homeowner as a couple of ‘easy work, they just need cutting off at the bottom’. Yeah right!

Despite the squashed perspective of the wide-angled-lens, they were probably touching 70ft, and favoured all wrong. The nearest to the building and wires was side weighted that way, the middle one was leaning back, and the fir was side weighted directly away from the building....all trying to claim their own airspace I suppose. So some cutting to balance, 5:1 on the 2 cedars, and wedges to back the trees up as they straightened. Not a job really worthy of photos, but I had to capture something for the company-owner who hired me, so he can amend the cost as he feels.

We went on from there to slam 3 madrones at another property, and pull another back-leaning fir with the tuck....which was a challenge in itself as my helper for the day could neither drive the truck nor use a chainsaw. We muddled through nonetheless. No cleanup.

TL000117.jpg TL000133.jpg TL000135.jpg TL000389.jpg TL000400.jpg TL000401.jpg TL000402.jpg TL000403.jpg

Just gotta love it when people tell you how easy it will be to fell a tree. Funny how it is still up in the air when you get there since it was so dang easy.
Good work Reg.

Sweet arch/ gate. Timburrrr. Reg, too bad a guy of your skill still has to deal with a poor assistant. I imagine that is a challenging part of being a hired gun.

Nice walnut shots, Dave.

Fiddler and Reg, very nice pics, thanks for posting.

Nice pics Reg

Team Bixler at it again, big ponderosa pine, crane it out... rained most of the day

Brian using 660 42" bar on pics

Cute little crane girl did a good job running crane

We had to 'shave the side' of pine so we could get crane in driveway, you can see the tire rub marks on trunk

logs for self loader log truck....Brian's catch of the day :thumbup:

Killer pics. Is that a female CO?:/:

The rain must have added a bit of extra challenge

I was using a 42" bar last week on a willow, I only have to break it out 1 or 2x/ year. I have found that if it isn't cutting absolutely perfectly, all cutters sharp and equal, then it cuts like a HUGE pita.

Of course every chain should be razor sharp and used so that it tends to stay that way, but I've found if you even "look cross-eyed" at that long chain, it is going to get a teeny bit dull and then, due to the extra long length, it aint gonna cut much of anything, at least in a fast easy way, anyways. Btw the bar is straight and true so that isn't the problem.

Anybody else had similar experiences?

Whenever I have. It's been the bar, usually near the mounts or the tip. A chain has to be pretty uneven in order to bind ime.

Yeah Cory, totally know what you mean. BOTS can put a mean hand file on that chisel square tooth… BOTS, was that a 42"bar on your 660? Crazy good pics btw, thanks for the help on that one, so glad it's over.

A chain has to be pretty uneven in order to bind ime.

That's the crazy part, I had to examine the chain super closely to find a few cutters that were just a bit dull (and how they got that way is a mystery, no cuts near ground, nor crotches or dirty wood either). But that thing would cut in like 4" and then dish so hard it basically wouldn't cut more.

A female CO?? That's a first afaik.

How bout some close ups:D

Well, they say female tractor trailer drivers are better than a lot of male drivers, so, they can handle some equipment anyway

Back