The Official Work Pictures Thread

This palm tree cost me $99.96 to dump, was 2940lbs :O glad I bid high :thumbup:

I usally turn palms down, just not worth it at all.

I stopped doing them last year mainly because of dump fees, that would have cost me about $370.

I got sick of telling people about it, even carried the price list with me and some still wouldn't believe to dump 3 or 4 cost over $1000. The islanders do them pretty cheap but they just tip them anywhere or get paid and leave them.

I took a palm out of what had been a leaking fish pond in the office of the Dean of Education Department at Western Illinois University once. It was pushing out the sky light. It takes a long time for chain saw exhaust to clear from a room in the center of a large building, especially back in the days of mixing it 1/2 pint to a gallon. It was about a 4" tree and my handsaw just did not have enough set in it for the sticky stringy stuff.

I took a palm down, it was a short date type palm. I backed the truck right up to it and flopped it right into the bed. Then some people walked by and told me I could have sold the tree for $30,000, whoops!:lol:

BOTS, if you ever gotta get rid of palm, bring it over here, I have a cliff at my house, no prob. ;):thumbup:

NIce work Andrew!

Palms leave goop all over you, if dismantling there is ALWAYS a wobble, and yeah, they are heavy, full of crap at the top, fibres around the fronds will jam your saw, thorns will stick you...and the sap will start to eat your saw and rust your bar and chain within a few hrs after the job if you don't clean it right away.

For short , the best way is a strap at the top, a crane truck and cut at the bottom, lift and bye-bye.
Fortunately where I do palms, dump fee is a flat $25 per load.

About the only palm ok to work on are coconuts, at least you can get a drink when you're done if its a fertile one, and there are no thorns.

Looks like a grapple truck job. What is the Russian equivalent of SW US Mexican cheap labor? Sure hope he's not doing it by hand. Does that bucket truck have a material handler?

Back