The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice, Fi.

Sounds like Andrey has a skidsteer involved in the clean-up. I don't know how Google Translate works best. Andrey uses it. I suspect short, unambiguous statements are required for Google Translate to work okay. If you have a question for him, I suggest trying short and concise sentences.

The most important thing to use correct English. Unfortunately dialects and slang are not translated.

Fi is just like a real climber but smaller ;):)

Haha, I like that one...can you see me in the first picture about 10' above the broken branch?
It really is a big tree, not just a regular sized one with a midget in it 8)
I think I'll draw the line at the 461 in a tree...or on the ground for that matter.

Elms all over the place here Stig, God forbid dutch elm ever gets here...

Chop and drop Andrei...the best outcome for our work! The estate gardeners will clean up after we made that mess, we took a load of elm home for the firewood pile, they do the rest, love it.

I'm still amazed that people burn pine for firewood! They sure don't do that here.

it's one upside of the Pine Beetle infestation that cuts off the tree's water supply. If you catch the tree at the right time, it is pretty dried put of sap and makes not bad firewood. Rounds or big chunks last and put out good heat. What pitch does remain isn't good for your chimney, but you can get around it. Pine picks up a lazy fire. I wouldn't burn Pine exclusively, but some mix isn't bad. I started burning some this winter after not wanting to before.

I always heard it was a dangerous thing to do, but I'm no expert. I've never had to burn wood for heat in my life.

Nice pics Andrey and Fi.

Here's first one of two trees I dropped....chipped all branches into F450, neighbor wanted chips for there horse stables, all wood stayed (thank goodness lol)

Bixler free climbing, no ropes needed...kidding, he's getting out widow maker branch out of valley oak...fun day with Brian and Nick, they always tear it up :thumbup:

You are not so off the mark, MB. Pitch Pine can be dangerous if the sap accumulates and causes a chimney fire. You just have to be aware of the potential. A high heat fire can reduce the pitch on the walls of the pipe, like Squish does. A straight pipe is better than one with an elbow where pitch can collect, and using insulated pipe also helps. Regular cleaning is the way some people get around the pitch.

Nice pics, McCauley. Have you decided to keep your truck, it was for sale a while back, wasn't it?

NIce, MIke.

And important consideration is your roof pitch for your chimney pipe. If it is a steep pitched roof, you need more pipe sticking out above roof line, which means more cooling of the exhaust, and more deposition of creosote. If you have a steep pitch, you might be in an area with a lot of snow, and its cold. More pipe sticking out into the cold air is worse, yet.

You have to burn it hot to minimize deposits.

Insulated pipe will make a huge difference, from what I gather, which stands to reason.

You have to burn it DRY. Ive burned a million cool hemlock fires. the wood needs ample time to season. More so then hardwoods. I went to scrub my chimney this summer after 2 years and had no creosote. I do burn hot fires regularly to keep things clean, but more importantly then anything is burning dry wood.

Back