The Official Work Pictures Thread

Of course Bob, let me know when the time gets closer and we'll set something up. There's plenty of palms to climb, although that would be the last thing on my list to climb out here!

jp:D

Most everything would be new to me. Just like a different experience once in a while. Will let you know.

Man, Jon, you get some coooool trees there. I'd like to try them out someday.

BTW, is Hawaii treework seasonal, or pretty steady year-round, barring storms?

I had to take this picture it is my biggest to date Image.jpg pardon the crappy cell phone pic it was cold too, last winter willow.

Definitely picture worthy. What kind of tree? The wood looks colorful.

Jon, you could take Bob surfing as well, perhaps Jaws on a big swell day. :O

That's a fatty Rajan!

Here's a few from my last job, just to give you guys more visuals of tree work in Hong Kong.

One of the neighbor's rides. I'd love to take one of these for a spin on a closed track someday.
IMG_20131122_130715.jpg

The crew hamming it up with the Hong Kong version of the Arbor Trolley. These things are made of heavy metal and will take some serious weight. This was a good group of guys to work with and they made a difficult job much easier on me.
IMG_20131125_152534.jpg

At the end of the day you call one of these guys and they make all the debris disappear. It costs about $100 per load, and in many ways is much easier than a chipper.
IMG_20131125_162040.jpg

Cool pics, Leon, and good vibes from the crew. Are you usually working in the city itself, or kowloon, and do you get out into the new territories as well?

Wonder what happens to the wood?

I work all over Hong Kong SAR. Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, New Territories, and outlying islands. It's been cool to see some out of the way places because of doing tree work here.

Sadly all the wood goes to the landfill. There's a real need for a greenwaste facility here, but the government hasn't been interested in offering up any land to make it possible yet.

That is a cool thing about doing tree work in foreign countries, often you get to see places the average tourist will never, or even foreigners living there. It seemed a little strange out in the New Territories, but I was there when they were building high rise apartments and the areas were filling up. Got fairly out there, and I didn't exactly care for the vibes, so headed back to Kowloon. A white guy walking with an Asian woman, maybe it was a factor? Only Chinese around.

It seems like it depends where you are in the New Territories. In some place people are friendly and open. In others it seems like they're grumpy towards anyone who isn't from their village. I don't really understand what's going on there. On the whole, though, I feel comfortable going anywhere in Hong Kong. Just don't bother the Triad guys...

When I see pictures of work from other countries, it really makes me wish I was much younger and aloof, travelling about working with some of you in exotic places ... Great stuff!

View enhancement today, had Bixler come out to help me climb 4 pondo's and 2 oaks to clean up for view.

Im workin it!!!

Bixler killing it in a big pondo!

I got 2nd pine done, just enjoying the sites for few

Back