The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ya i left it there for no roll. Did vertical speed line of some brush too. Was just too close. I left it all like that, this guy is a tree pro on weekends, so he can handle the clean up. :lol:

We had fun today. Killed a big tulip and didnt break anything. Some how remembered a pic.

Jim came with his log truck and we craned out the remaining stems. Worked great and saved me some time. I didn't feel like hauling two trailer loads of wood so sometimes i just call the log trucker. Was half a load on his truck. The bigger chipper is a dream too, wow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 71
2013-09-12_13-05-53_702.jpg Lightning struck Ash removal. Yesterday. Split in 3 pieces.

2013-09-12_13-39-42_90.jpg
Small notch on bottom, plunge cut to establish hinge and cut out through back to prevent barber chair. Spit section from portion that was laying on ground is under trunk.

2013-09-12_13-46-51_18.jpg
2013-09-12_13-56-20_284.jpg
2013-09-12_14-15-42_19.jpg
Here is entire tree loaded and ready to go.
2013-09-12_14-39-45_934.jpg

Can fill it quick if i have too. Just because the capacity is there, doesn't mean it has to be used. Each job is different. I dont care to have a bigger box than 8-10 yds. Bigger trucks, bigger bills. Where do y draw the line with big? Just put a new Bridgestone on the bucket truck. 475$ with a truckers discount and mounting it myself. A fresh cab and chassis and im set for a while. Have an aluminum body drawn up and material on order. I can squeak some more capacity with the weight savings so should be good to go.

I had this job a while ago at our local cemetery, 80 ft dead spruce that I had to fell between rows of graves. When I ground out the stump I could smell the strong odor of embalming fluid, from the age of these old graves that big old spruce was having a good feed.

Found this headstone of a famous prospector in our area, himself and his partner prospector Kate Rice led quite a storied life. In 1928 Kate Rice turned downed $500,000 offered for one of her claims waiting for $1 million but ended up with only $25,000. She died penniless in a nursing home in 1964.......

Attachments

• 20130802_112759.jpg
    20130802_112759.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20130802_113124.jpg
    20130802_113124.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 80
I've never seen a tombstone like that, and I've worked in a lotta graveyards. Cool!

Attachments

• trunk (big).jpg
    trunk (big).jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 80
The local undertaker makes these headstones with computer imaging mounted in granite. A few years ago a historical society group had 2 of these headstones made for the 2 prospectors who were buried all those years in unmarked graves [what a thank you they got for helping pioneering the north:?] .

Kate Rice's grave is about 200 miles south of here. Interesting woman , raised in middle upper class in Toronto with degrees in mathematics, even being a professor. Then in her late 20's she heads west to teach for a while then went north becoming a prospector. All by her self living in the bush, driving a dog team for 500 miles to stake claims. Shooting rapids in a canoe on a river where many men drowned, shot more big game then Annie Oakly. Learned the Cree Indian language to survive in the north. Good book written on her, I think a movie about her would be a good idea.

More storm clean up today. Customer added this while we were there. Had back lean away from the house. That's why the backcut looks angled. It was level but because it leaned back, it makes it look funny. Shed on the right, house and shrubs on the left. Nothing spectacular, but I never remember to take pics.

Yes. I knew I was gambling. Took my time. Accounted for a whisker of roll if it happened, and took my chances. Blue spruce hinges well. I wouldn't have pulled that with certain other trees but blue spruce often holds on the stump for me all the way over. Often I have to cut it from the stump after its on the ground.

Lousy picture. Drove 2.5 hours to Philly yesterday to run the ropes on this tulip poplar for my uncle. Anymore he saves certain trees and pays me and healthy wage to make the journey to run ropes. He hates playing around with moderate sized pieces on ropes. This tree went 40" at the butt cut and 120' and grew over the house. Lots of 30' leaders. Ive been running ropes for him since I was 9 and he and I work EXTREMELY well together to push the envelope. Ran everything on 5/8 bull line. 2 hours and 15 minutes to have it down to a 50' stick in the air ready to be pulled over with a skid steer.

Ya. I sometimes wish our average tree was taller here where I live. I often don't have enough height over obstacles to take entire leaders. Don't get me wrong, I get in to big trees. But more often, its roping down 50-60' trees over houses and wires. Cant get crazy with those limbs unless you want to make a big project out of complex rigging, which takes more time then just having roped limbs in 2 pieces.

Lousy picture. Drove 2.5 hours to Philly yesterday to run the ropes on this tulip poplar for my uncle. Anymore he saves certain trees and pays me and healthy wage to make the journey to run ropes. He hates playing around with moderate sized pieces on ropes. This tree went 40" at the butt cut and 120' and grew over the house. Lots of 30' leaders. Ive been running ropes for him since I was 9 and he and I work EXTREMELY well together to push the envelope. Ran everything on 5/8 bull line. 2 hours and 15 minutes to have it down to a 50' stick in the air ready to be pulled over with a skid steer.

Nice Chris! I just put a bid in a poplar right by Villanova, I really hope I get it. It might be the biggest tree for me to date! The mainline grows some mighty big trees.

I worked with Bixler for a 2 day job pruning groves of them live oaks...removed mabey 5 or so as well...really enjoy working with other climbers, fun days.

If you ever chipped live oak you will know its no fun, catches on Everything :(

Im taking out this big branch then pruning the rest

The 2 fingers were 'Im running 2 guns' (2 saws) big Scott just messin with Bixler :lol:

Bixler

Madman Joe

Sorry for the overexposure, but this has been my main project for the last while. We cleared the area, and are doing the site work on the house pad. We've hauled 7100 yards of dirt in, 473 truck loads. We have around 1500 yards of cut dirt to haul out. Hopefully we will be done or nearly so by the end of next week.

Quite easily my largest job to date by a factor of 4 or 5.

7upu4ade.jpg

Back