The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice Joel. With the other pics I see the scope of your work. You have your hands full. At least the Kubota will help things along.

Husabud,

I would never have accepted this job, if not for the Kubota and the new dump truck. It's a HUGE job. I've never seen anything like this. I was a bit worried that maybe my little Kubota wouldn't have enough reach to work with the new dump truck. I'm happy that I was wrong about that. The forks on the bucket work great for loading the dump. I crush the load down, then slide the forks out. Once in a while I'll get a branch that doesn't want to stay put, but the saw quickly tames those.

Provided the weather holds out for me, I should be done with this project in two or three days.

Joel

You would really like the one I looked at yesterday Joel... 450' X 300' next to a creek.. Vines throough everything and in the trees... Mine tailings ... yeah.. real cake walk... Well burn it all after we clear it though if they take the bid. Wish I had a grapple already or brush grapple/bucket for the mini. It would make the job hella easier. All hand cut though.. leaving the root systems for erosion control. Since it boarders a creek, we are limited to how we can disturb the ground. You maintain any new growth with a brush cutter twice a year to starve the roots to death or put goats on it.

That would be cool if it leaves a little permanent mark, chicks dig scars.

I'm guessing an errantly running bull rope.

That close of a rope run is why I try not to use any non-locking biners on my gear. A rope brushing by could snap into a biner (has)...suddenly you are part of the rigging.

Rope burn is not good...being part of the rigging could be very bad.

This is how you get whipped...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/70Y5rVZ-ROM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This sumamabitch slid down hill on me and came to a halt here. Didn't even crack the steps. I was tongue tied. I didn't do anything absurd, really. It was the most bizarre thing Ive seen since the last election.

Attachments

• SDC12141.jpg
    SDC12141.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 85
  • anna and babies 001.jpg
    anna and babies 001.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 87
  • tree service 031.jpg
    tree service 031.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 85
  • tree service 023.jpg
    tree service 023.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 86
Was that bluish (on my screen) looking rope through the block there and pre-tensioned just to keep the tree from be able to veer toward the structure? Nice!!!

Back