The Official Work Pictures Thread

Technology is amazing. Smart phones now have as much Mega pixels or more than my first digital SLR which I used to shoot weddings in 2007. It was a Nikon D70 6 mp. Also didn't have any in camera editing.

I bet that D70 still outshines the higher megapix phone cameras... They dont have any stabilization or the speed. MP is meaningless without the rest of the stuff. But yeah technology is certainly amazing!

Quick video of a Norway Spruce removal.

Funny job

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6IhjDJ2kyEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before & After

Wrecked a Black Cherry ... easy except it had a worsening severe lean with it's tips over a propane tank. :\:

Before:
130509 Before.jpg

After:
130509 After.jpg

After -2:
130509 After 2.jpg

Someone is going to make bowls out of the rounds ... :)

Climbed to the tips ... looped and chucked small pieces until the stem was even with the building on the left ... had to back tie the climb-line so the tree would not collapse ... rigged a pull line to swing the stem clear of the buildings.
... piece-a-cake ;)

I have one identical on my list but about it grows out of a wooded embankment and the tips are about 65' off the ground. Its cracked 3 different ways at the base. Im going to tie in on another tree in the distance and rope the wood down off of another tree. My knees are still knocking though.

Im not sure how I could work a GRCS into this situation. Cant crank the tree back upright. Way too big/long. If anything would blow out the cracked base

I was lucky! There was a large Eastern White Oak behind the lean. I ran another climb line from the leaner over a high limb then back to a ground anchor. I used a 5:1 to tension the line so the leaning tree could hold my weight at the tips. Even so, it was a bouncy hour until I could reduce the stem enough to swing it down ... worked OK.
:)

Back