The Official Work Pictures Thread

3 palm removals tomorrow. Little worried about it cutting…I’m taking all the big saws, mostly loaded with .404
Just make sure you clean your saws as soon as possible after cutting palms. The sap will corrode the alloy anywhere it touches it if you leave it too long, and, your chain will be so clean it will rust. Get oil on it again asap.

Just make sure you clean your saws as soon as possible after cutting palms. The sap will corrode the alloy anywhere it touches it if you leave it too long, and, your chain will be so clean it will rust. Get oil on it again asap.
Yeah I have an old 266 I got from a boneyard that has holes clear thru. You should see the chain sharpening too! 😆

I know you know exactly what you're about, Rich...but in that second picture, it feels like that sling setting is a little hinky to my eyes. No slippage possible? I ask to learn.

That first pick was in a really tight place...dumb location, for sure!

@Burnham. I agree that it looks bad B. The sling that choked to the left should have been “dressed” better. Sling rating in that configuration was more than the load for each one and the load was balanced on both. I also pretensioned before the cut to well over the weight so I saw it as “ok” for that pick. I did back the tension of to about 80 percent of the estimated weight after “setting” the slings.

Back