The Official Work Pictures Thread

I do not know of cases when a bucket catapulted someone. The only case of falling out of a bucket in our city was about 15 years ago. A large branch caught on the sleeve button when falling and pulled the worker out of the bucket. He fell from a height of 20 meters.
Huge alder, dazzling Fiona! A historical phrase immediately comes to mind:,,No stubs!,, :)
Only black alder can grow to this size here. Have you tried Akimbo Max yet? What can you say about this?

Last edited:
Ha! The lower stubs were made by the homeowner, he cut the lower limbs with his polesaw at full reach before I got there, I shortened them mostly...Butch can rest easy.
There are plenty of cases of becoming catapult ammunition out of a high lift in the industry. Glad its so rare where you are.
Akimbo is going in the mail this week. I guess I don't give it enough time, fiddly. I will wait for the new commercial version. Still self tends like a dream.

I managed a full day today, but I sure was beat at day's end.

We are felling mature beech.

I had a little understory runt with lots of lean.
Since I could almost reach through it, I didn't bother to gut the hinge.
Had maybe ½" too much hinge and it barberchaired on me.
Came really fast, no chance to cut my way out of it, just get the Hell out of Dodge.

If I had taken the time to gut the hinge, it wouldn't have happened.

P1080678.JPG P1080679.JPG P1080680.JPG P1080681.JPG P1080682.JPG

I love to see the world through your guys eyes. Im not in a tree or anything fancy, but i thought i would show off that our mountain got some snow on her last night, a rare occasion in these parts. The tree of the day is called saguaro cactus 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220224_131854.jpg
    IMG_20220224_131854.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220224_131929.jpg
    IMG_20220224_131929.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I managed a full day today, but I sure was beat at day's end.

We are felling mature beech.

I had a little understory runt with lots of lean.
Since I could almost reach through it, I didn't bother to gut the hinge.
Had maybe ½" too much hinge and it barberchaired on me.
Came really fast, no chance to cut my way out of it, just get the Hell out of Dodge.

If I had taken the time to gut the hinge, it wouldn't have happened.

View attachment 118410View attachment 118411View attachment 118412View attachment 118413View attachment 118414
At least when you do something, you do it right: that's a nice barberchair you got there. :D

A homeowner cleanup job.

First, a water view job cutting off of some maple suckers, no pics.

Maple crown raise and deadwood. Yay for SRT/ SRS.

I appreciate the easy on, easy off of the Akimbo for recrotching.

It was a cold, very light breeze offthe water, kinda finish with a terribly ungraceful hump out a bare, arching trunk until i could lanyard in front and above me. 20220224_152248.jpg 20220224_151729.jpg 20220224_151726.jpg

The akimbo is exceptionally clever in how it operates. I still don't think I want one, but it was certainly smooth.

IME, there is a break-in period
Have you tried the bulldog bone Sean? Even easier on and off than the akimbo, and a little smoother IME
I haven't.

I've been interested.

Can it be used with a 3:1 MA for limb walks, etc?

Yes, works fine with a 3:1 if I remember correctly. I almost never use that technique so not fresh info, but with the nano swivel attachment it can be run angled away from the other line

Trying the Akimbo Max thread Burnham sent a link to yielded a blockade. Is this a top secret new device that laymen such as myself are not privy to?!

Attachments

• 593C0D57-8F17-4129-BB93-EE45FA806FFA.png
    593C0D57-8F17-4129-BB93-EE45FA806FFA.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 9
Pat let me use his Akimbo and I fell in love with it. Felt very natural, seamless integration. I had just purchased the Unicender (which is still a great device for me). Figured next device would be the Akimbo. Hopefully sooner than later. There was an allusion to an updated version. May want to wait if there are already some prototypes being tested😉.

Back