The Official Work Pictures Thread

The only way I know to help with youtube is for me to download them to my computer and then upload them to youtube. That gets pretty involved sometimes.

@Marc-Antoine try using Facebook to access his videos...search for Andrey Mironov
and get him as a FB friend. Then I think you can see them best. Let me know how that works.

Finished this fekker. 5 hours had it stripped yesterday. Never hit the ground till it was. Felled it this am. 36" bar for reference. One TIP SRT till I could piece out the last leader I tied into. Back side I could boom and swing them smallish to avoid surrounding canopy. Pool side lowered out due to pool and associated plumbing. IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0611.JPG IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0609.JPG

Interior Live oak. Quercus wislizeni . I took the tops apart with a 2511T to where you see it save the one lead I took off near the ground. You can see it in the third photo still attached.

Some afters of the crown raising and some canopy separation. We will go back and finish a few trees and stumps at the end of the month. Lilly helped rake today and made some dallahs.
Got the large hangers down. Had to come out of one the trees while Rob pulled it out with the dingo on a rope. Thought the lead I cut it from was going to fail. I had the crane help me take previous damage in a trip some years ago. It was infront of the pool and dying out. Storm messed up a bunch of stuff, So I used the crane that time for a tip till I could get to where I could cut or just clear after rigging the broken tops that were all hung up. So I kind of had an idea of the parts that had been hollow, rotting or compromised. Really tons of stuff can still be done here. But we will peck away at it over time and wait for the grant money to come in to get into serious shat. IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

Meh. I think they were crowded too long Ger. The pine is not looking all that promising. There is more die out down the road. They have some good ones. But they are really neglected. Oh well. Pay me and watch me fly. Hope we save some. Hope the storms don't exploit them too bad now they are more exposed and the wind patterns around them are going to change.

Hairdresser time !
Andrey did posted one of this place one year ago, maybe two, an aerial view if I recall correctly. The trees make an almost continuous half circle, pruned like a giant edge, excepted a void in the middle, which is sided by a pair of spherical pruned tree (shown above).

The World's biggest hedge.
I love it!!!
'
Years ago I was asked by a professional balloonist if we could turn a large Beech tree by his house into the shape of a Montgolfier baloon.
I looked at it and told him it would be possible, but would need yearly cutting and be quite expensive..
I also said, that we'd be willing to trade for the work.
So we spent a day with a bucket truck ( Richard's 11 year old kid, who is a genius with mechanical stuff, running the truck) and me on the ground with a laser pointer, getting the tree into shape.
A month later, the client took both our families up for an amazing balloon ride.
We made the deal that we'd cut the tree yearly and every second year, go flying.
I asked him if we could attach ropes to the "basket" and rappell down and ride under the baloon.
Imagine hanging from you lifeline 1,3 kilomerters up in the air.
He agreed and asked if he could have another balloon flying next to us and film it.

Unfortunately he died of a heart attack the year after, but we got one fantastic flight out of it.

Last edited:
Back