The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nah, 4 years worth.

With the Buffallo we can better that to a decade.

But still come nowhere near what Frankie and his fat pal can do.

I'm so humbled.

LOL. The catch 22 there is in order for a decades worth of wood to actually last a decade, you will be stacking said wood someplace under cover. I'm going to guess, that much wood will not fit on your front porch.

Burning wood always seem to come back to 'stacking' one way or another.

My surprise in the whole thing was that the majority here still stack by hand, despite having access to tons of equipment. I get that it's a labor of love, relaxing for some, reminds them of their youth, etc. but that's a ton of manual time consuming labor. Having said that of course, i have have stacked piles at my house, but I'm just starting to burn wood here (hopefully very soon lol)

Dave, with the wet climate we have, all firewood has to be under tarp or roof.
It is dark here, tomorrow I'll take a picture of my 75 cubic meter wood shed.

Yep.
I live in the 21 century, so my woodshed is metric.

Show me just one other country apart from the US of A that still uses cords?

My surprise in the whole thing was that the majority here still stack by hand, despite having access to tons of equipment...

LOL! Trust me, my stacking wood by hand in no way reminds me of my youth.

Equipment costs, in many ways. To be fair though I do use equipment to move my wood from the wood pile and hydraulic splitter to the house.

Last edited:
Lotta work ! 73C0340D-AA9F-40E0-8F55-5CD4D168650F.jpeg 73C0340D-AA9F-40E0-8F55-5CD4D168650F.jpeg

Attachments

• 197647FB-7593-43E3-AA2A-16FBF3A35A8C.jpeg
    197647FB-7593-43E3-AA2A-16FBF3A35A8C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • 72716403-F937-488B-879E-186CD7FC0DF7.jpeg
    72716403-F937-488B-879E-186CD7FC0DF7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
... 500i ? .... This saw will put the hurt on a stock 500i something fierce whilst giving up almost 9cc , better fuel economy and it doesn’t flop around like a freshly caught fish. The torque is Killa with this saw and with a silvey-ground sqr / sqr will book thru 15-20% quicker than the sqr/rnd STIHL RS featured in the video ... The chain does have a few sharpenings and gullet radiused so it IS a fuzz quicker than off the roll ... 572xp 70.6 cc .... 500i 79.2cc ... that’s a lotta cc to give up just to equal the 500i ... That it soundly hands it it’s ass makes my big toe shoot up in me boot 🥾

Last edited:
Nah, 4 years worth.

With the Buffallo we can better that to a decade.

But still come nowhere near what Frankie and his fat pal can do.

I'm so humbled.
Tell ya what Stig , that “fat guy”, despite your preconceived limitations , can , and will BURY a lot of “loggers” by noon with a 7am start ...

Lotta work

Come on mate. That “lotta work” bullshit doesn’t work with me. As far as that post - looking at a small pile of logs and taking a picture certainly isn’t a lot of work.

I ask you a serious question and you come back with that?

It’s how forums work... interaction.

Reactions: DMc
Ok .... what’s your utube channel or Instagram .... u never answered my query ... I’ll wait

What has that got to do with it?

There are plenty of examples of my work on this thread alone. My youtube has family stuff on there and isn't work specific. As does my instagram.

You do make things difficult don't you?

A few quick questions....
1. When did having/ not having a damn YouTube channel mean anything at all?

2. When did making firewood become some legendary thing? I get it, burning wood saves money, but really? I get it showing pics of awesome wood sheds, wood stove setups, your setup for doing it super quick and easy, but simply cutting up logs into 18 inch rounds? Everyone here has done that enough and most friggin' hate it lol. I enjoy doing tree work and all, but running a saw like that is maddening to me.

Reactions: DMc
Last I checked this was the “official work pictures thread” ..... cutting and splitting firewood is work no? Cutting firewood may be a bore / chore especially if one is using stock saws ... Step up to a ported one and your life will never be the same, especially using a rippin 70cc class one 8)

My buddies cut a year's worth of firewood in a weekend or two, using a farm boss and a homemade splitter. While drinking beer. I view most of the things i do as boring honestly, and so i hardly ever take pictures, let alone video.

I would find running a farm boss boring also ... a cold beverage and a “cigar” might just make it bearable

Granted it is a rough calculation, but A piece of Osage firewood I have I figured to be about 80lbs/cuft, so that's about the densest wood in the world, way higher than the internet says it should be. I think density varies big time for any hardwood perhaps even by 30%.

Back