The Official Work Pictures Thread

I've done the elevator thing in Paris. Luckily, it was only small stuff and we used the wheeled trash cans of the building.
I pulled my small chipper through an apartment once, scared to scratch the paint or dent the aluminum window door.
Dragging all the limbs in a 50" high couloir under a house is fun too.

Did a bunch of pruning at this annual customer's place.

The couple are around 70 y.o.. They don't have the time to grow a new shade tree for their table on their deck, at this low-bank property, about 10 stairs down to the bulkhead.

This is being nursed along.
A terrible ash, that I stopped climbing several/ many years ago. The second winter after I stopped climbing it, it broke in half.

Between two sections, there's about 40% circumference of live tissue, all on one half, like 10 and 30, above the buried root collar, on the slope.

I've started using two ratchet straps to go from the unextended extension ladder to the deck, with only a little weight at the top once I climb part way up.

Knocked some off from the deck with the pole saw, knocked more off from higher up ladder, and after a good bit of weight was off, I had a ok TIP standing with hips at the top of the ladder to get more that was out of reach, before. Lots of weight off. Could fail in a heavy wind. Normally, non- Covid, I prune it in early spring.

I hope the couple outlasts the tree.
He's a retired civil engineer. Maybe he can design a prop. His son welds. They have a concrete bulk head below.

Put a hurt in a laurel that got overgrown, into their view, and a PITA to maintain.

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_160920081_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200630_160920081_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200630_160923442.jpg
    IMG_20200630_160923442.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
I think I mentioned this tree. Crispy dead oak. Vacation rental. And definitely something you would not want at your vacation rental. Falling apart.
High life line time with the trolley. almost 300 ' of static line. Just enough to keep my arse from tagging the ground. Had to climb above it a tad. Natural crotched what was left of the tops, then ring on a whoopie to take some wood off to make int fit in the LZ when I jump it over the fence tomorrow.
Guy did not want us to start till 10-11 am this morning. He booked guests on our last appointment, then asked for this one. Jeezus. Some people. Lads held it together. Worked till 3. got the failed bits cleaned up and chipped and then the high line set, then down to the stem. HO knows I am bent. Made a ton of apologies.
Fodder. IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0317.JPG IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0319.JPG

Just thankful i did not need to set a second high line for rigging. She was a tad wobbly, but held up. Ty ran the rope smooth. Rob was able to pull the picks into the little corridor to land them proper. Got out when it hit about 100*
Wrap this sucker up. Tidy up and get out before the heat today.

Finished up the clean up, last bit of chipping, dump run and spar in 2.5 hours. Dude was going to tie back the shrubs away from the steps and thin them a bit, save some. Changed mind, brought his own chain saw and started cutting.
I told him yesterday we would be back at 7AM to finish the chipping, spread the chips, load the rakings for the dump. I moved the chipper to the next job around the corner after we chipped and while the lads were mulching trees with chips. He shows up when I got back. Then he starts cutting. Told me, "I thought we could just chip this, but the chipper is gone.....". I was like, "dude, that ship sailed, time to clean up. Taking the load to the dump. You load your cuttings and I will take them too. " Add on.... LOL
SO a couple pics of that tear out I was working above and the LZ. Neighbor wanted the wood, so we obliged. ;)
IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0322.JPG

Politics aside, how do you like living out there Stephen? Looks so dry. I like a bit more moisture I think, but less heat than here in MD.

Yeah, we are like a little savanna up here until winter. Very dry and flammable. Has it's small town charm though. Plenty of trees. Too bad Kommifornia is attached to it. Not too far removed from civilization. Tourist town, so you are dependent on a good season. Fires, floods and COVID not helping. But we keep busy on our reputation. Pretty much only service industry here. And retirees. Law enforcement, power companies, teaching and park service. Their retirement funds keep food on my table.

Having visited Stephen, I can tell you that the area he lives in is dry, but really, really beautiful.
Got some mega sized trees, too, that are fun to climb or just look at.

I love those triple pulleys man. Has to require a lot of rope, but that’s some serious pulling power from a single person. I’ll probably never buy a pair but I can always put a 5:1 on another 5:1.

Is that the large or medium tooth?

I haven't fooled with mine yet. They're still in the packaging. I think my first attempt at a handle will be made out of spruce, and hand shaped with a knife. I'm not too hopeful for a positive outcome, but it'll be interesting to try, and I don't care what it looks like. It just has to be useful.

That’s the large one that was bought as the complete saw with handle and scabbard, and I got couple more blade in large and medium. I attempted a handle on one of the medium tooth blades with paracord and shrink tubing over the cord wrap. It’s a comfy grip that should be pretty durable. I gotta trim a little excess tubing to make it look prettier.
I posted the link a couple times before, but if any of y’all want a kickass full tang Silky blade for 10$, check Gemplers :)
69D04D40-AE84-42DC-BA44-2CAE69839479.jpeg

Back