The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sharpen that saw, brother!!!

When you make those multiple cuts on a single limb, it's way harder to clean it up.

;)

Sharpened the saw for day two which made a big difference. Not sure why I was compelled to make multiple cuts on the limbs. They all ended up against the trunk anyway... Farmed out the chipping to a local guy which beats the hell out of a Saturday full of dump runs in a borrowed truck.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Ryan: I don't know who you are, but that was freakin AWSOME Keep em comin brother... short and sweet... makes fer a REALLY cool vid.

Eric: That was simply the best vid that I've ever seen in my life. Well... yer the best tree-guy I've ever seen in my life, so uhh.... yeah. Say: Looks like ya fell it with a good ol 395, but was that just a little 562 you were buckin with??? Man that thing was straight gettin WITH it.

Here's a freakin PIG. The Parks Arborist guy said it was 68"dbh, but I feel like it was a shade smaller. SUPER pigeon breasted... my 32" actually caught it from both sides on the hinge, but, the long way, it was well over 6' on the stump. Had to make the back cut over my head even with a pretty narrow bird face. We ALL breathed a sigh of relief when the walking-path saved-out. These parks dudes are hard-noses up here. Ohhh... my insano grouny, and soon-to-be-super climber Dave Sherman is the guy in the pics for perspective. We call him the General Sherman, cause this guy freakin POUNDS it.

P82A27451.jpg P82A27471.jpg P82A27461.jpg P82A27481.jpg P82A27491.jpg

Beautiful work as usual Jed! Glad you enjoyed the video and thanks for the kind words, but with guys like Jerry, August, Reg, and many others I am happy to be playin' for the B Team! The 562XP throws chips like nothing else and is one of the best saw I have ever run!

Big ass tree for sure! Is it going to the mill?

Nah, brother... Cottonwood. :(

Eric: B team my ass. I kinda did ferget about Gerry, though. That freakin guy, man...

Ohhh... man, that 562... Oh DEAR!!!...that freakin thing... I gotta GET me wonna those. That ain't bone-stock is it?

Bri: Thanks bro.

Delayed myself posting this on here. Never could get them to upload to YouTube. "Was taking forever". So this is on my Facebook "business" page lol. I'll get them on YouTube eventually. Sorry if you don't like music. There are a few more on my page in slow-mo that may be more appealing.
Feel free to scrutinize and pick out things you see wrong. Hopefully I'll learn something.

https://www.facebook.com/DSTreeTimber/videos/1657641294292503/

Good show, Denver.

Around 1:40, it occurred to me to mention,
When lowering heavy sections, a small piece of wood for the groundie to 'land' the rigged piece on, so as not to pinch the rope against the ground, can help. Its not something people always think of, but once they do, its so much easier to untie and pull free.

With limited time on the lift, and the spars not in the way, that I could tell, leave the spars standing until last might be a way to get more out of the lift, instead of doing non-lift work while having the lift, especially if you didn't have a machine onsite at that point, or you're the only one operating it.

That was the original plan. I climbed, limbed and topped 5 that were easy. Then used the lift for 3-4 I think. That opened up a good hole to work with so we fell the rest. I wanted to climb all of them but the row to the south had a good amount of back lean. And I was Leary of my guy helping pull the tops over with me up there. Then the homeowner said not to worry about skinning up the other trees that the plan was they would go next spring. So we just started dropping them. Only
Removed what was needed to safely clear the shops.

Man, Denver - I've done those exact same pines in exactly the same type locations before... more than once! People (me included) just don't like rows of tall pines next to their buildings!

Good job!

...I gave up on hot-rodded saws a long time ago. If it don't kick ass stock it ain't a good saw.

I'm almost inclined to agree with you. I got a stock 390 that I won't let anybody even TOUCH. This guy (see below) Jack Bealar says he took over 2 million board feet with one, and he could still see the machine-grooving on the piston!! I do like me a nice zip-job on a 660 or 064 though. Here he is cutting with an ANCIENT 064 that he zipped.

https://youtu.be/F7D23qvF-cw

Denver: I couldn't get my stinkin laptop to play yer vid. :X

I finally got the video to upload to YouTube and it's blocked. Copyright claim due to the music. It will probably be takin off Facebook eventually too. I'll get the music out of it and repost later

Maple with ganoderma hanging over the garage, plus some beginning view pruning on the lombardi poplars. The bucket in the mini took care of a lot of blackberries and downed branches and brush. We built a burn pile.

IMG_20171127_162815235_HDR.jpg IMG_20171120_115311020.jpg IMG_20171120_115326323_HDR.jpg IMG_20171120_135537354.jpg

Maple was brought down to the ground. Lots of figured wood.

Might have found some rental land where I can store/ use a borrowed bandsaw mill and chainsaw mill, hopefully.

Those lombardi's look huge. We have a few in this country and they don't seem to last very long before they start to die out.

Back