The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice going, both of you.

We finished the polyporus squamosus infected maple at the castle today.

That is one mean fungus. The tree looked perfectly fine untill it dropped a huge branch 3 feet from one of the gardeners.( At the castle they call him the cat with 8 lives left, now!)

Richard climbed it and found that the whole middle stem was totally mushy inside, so setting a high block for lowering was out.

The castle crew covered up the statue under the tree ( which apparently pissed it off somewhat) and we stripped enough off of the tree that we could drop the rest without causing too much collateral damage.

Since European maple doesn't hinge well, I used a block/gap face, a couple of wedges and a pull line running so far through the park that I had to communicate with the puller by cell phone.

The log went to a bunch of local woodturners, since it wasn't good enough to tempt a sawmill this time of the year.

View attachment 48742View attachment 48746View attachment 48745View attachment 48743View attachment 48744View attachment 48747View attachment 48748View attachment 48749View attachment 48750View attachment 48751View attachment 48752View attachment 48753View attachment 48754

Sweet piece of work, Stig. Major kudos, my friend.

Was just finishing up a chipping job today when HO's neighbor drops by and ask me if I climb ( I aint no bucket baby lol) yes I do, he points over at this massive Blue Oak (man I was excited) and needed some deadwood out and inspect branch that has a rope swing attached.....cool Ill be over in a few...

Back