The Official Work Pictures Thread

Wasting the time trying to use the bucket when we should be climbing...

a7416cdb0302eb37b8bd361d5853dbbc.jpg

Climbing when you could use the bucket is wasting time, IMO. I will smoke any climber if I'm in a bucket and we're racing. I know because I've done it many many times.

I like the add-on SteveBullman added that resizes the pics! Thanks, brother! It appears to be working, somewhat.

image.jpg image.jpg
Dead Siberian Elm for today's task. Need it done with zero lawn damage because they're having a wedding at their house next Saturday. I don't know what they're paying but it must be a good bit to get me pulled from the gas company for day.

Hows there going to be zero lawn damage without using a crane?

Yeah, you need a crane Rich. That thing's a pig.

Griff: You too brother... that looks like a super difficult job. Nice pics of the solar panal job btw. What a pita. People are so very stupid.

Williard: INSANE pics! You're hinge didn't even break on that pig! You da man. Yeah... as Butch already said... gotta love the splat shot.

Sean: Duly noted. You're right as usual. I get super lazy about where I cut.

Speaking of lazy... Yeah, Rich and Grif... you guys need a 90 ton. That pig made these two 110' Firs disappear in two and a half hours... and I was only able to take 16' logs because of the little flatbed that was haulin em out. Andy's pics... (For some reason people love taking pics of crane work. Pretty boring but easy work, imho.)

unnamed-730.jpg unnamed-729.jpg unnamed-728.jpg unnamed-727.jpg unnamed-726.jpg unnamed-725.jpg
unnamed-724.jpg unnamed-723.jpg

Cory, a lot of rigging and irritated ground crew. The plan for the base is 3 layers of plywood 16' wide and to the road with logs laid out on top of it to disperse the wieght. We got 3/4 of the limbs out today between rain showers. Should have it down and loaded by 2:00 tomorrow. The homeowner came home as we were packing up and inspected. He was happy so I guess we did good.
Levi you're right. Messy trees. I got rid of the ones at my house as soon as I could.
Crane work can be boring Jed but for this stuff it would be great. I'd be happy with a little 35 ton crane.

Holy elm shit that's a large mother for no lawn damage!!
Nice ones there Jed,what a nice work day with the straight up n down structure of the fir,rollin em out!

A 35ton would smoke it on that tree.

I has a form more like an A. Elm compared to what we have here. Squirrel palaces.

Yeah a 35 would be perfect for it. Squirrels galore in it. I know the structure is a bit off but it's definatly Siberian( red,Chinese ) elm. Nasty smelling too. I'm still stinking of it.

Yeah they stink alright. Not as bad as a cwood though.

We did a little sib today, half was dead and punky, the other half dead and hard as a rock.

The cuts, scrapes and splinters always seem to itch and burn more than others.

Cory, a lot of rigging and irritated ground crew. The plan for the base is 3 layers of plywood 16' wide and to the road with logs laid out on top of it to disperse the wieght. We got 3/4 of the limbs out today between rain showers. Should have it down and loaded by 2:00 tomorrow.

Good luck with it, Rich. Wonder why boss man didn't put a crane on it since it is priced high and needs no lawn damage. To skip Messing around with plywood etc would easily pay for a crane.

I agree Cory. Only done a dozen crane jobs and it has been a couple years. He's afraid of crane work. I on the other hand enjoy the easy day

Hard to believe such a production-oriented outfit with a 75' bucket and large chippers would not embrace crane work for jobs which scream for it. Sooner or later he'll figure it out and you'll be doing 1 per week;)

He breaks chip trailers in half, beats the f outta 20" chippers, yet is afraid of crane work....

Yep. Keeps me in top form though. Cranes don't cost money they make it just like any other piece of equipment. The crane work we did brought in some big money. Not that the jobs were over priced but that we could do them in no time flat. He does a lot of backwards things.

Climbing when you could use the bucket is wasting time, IMO. I will smoke any climber if I'm in a bucket and we're racing. I know because I've done it many many times.

I like the add-on SteveBullman added that resizes the pics! Thanks, brother! It appears to be working, somewhat.

They wanted to use the bucket. Long booming to back yard. I said it wouldn't reach. Wasted time setting it up only to not reach.

Well that's a different story then, eh! I'd have let them have a go...

Then, get to climbing!

Hard to believe such a production-oriented outfit with a 75' bucket and large chippers would not embrace crane work for jobs which scream for it. ...

Man, Cory... they might scream for it, but I happen to know that the arboretum shucked out about five grand for that 90 ton pig. What a waste.

Back